Author Topic: v11.1 ** BETA ** (Updated 5-Apr)  (Read 15954 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
v11.1 ** BETA ** (Updated 5-Apr)
« on: March 28, 2021, 14:51:38 »
This beta have a new settings for the Explorer Panel, "Delay Update". In the Beta version this will be ENABLED by default. In release it might be disabled by default.
When enabled the Explorer Panels will not update the UI and not do a FileSystem scan until the tab is shown.. You will see a "!" in front of some tab names. This indicator is that the tab is NOT update yet.

50+ Changes

-- Build 2788 ( 5 Apr-2021 )

ADDED - MultiScript function StrRFind now support offset parameter, this parameter is at what position the reverse scan should start
  FIXED - Right click on Show/Hide Hidden files icon now works again
  ADDED - Can now configure different gridlines colors for horizontal and vertical gridlines
  FIXED - Get Filename of folder with dots sometimes cut of the last dot part, Like it was a file extension
  ADDED - New language Bulgarian, create by Lyuben Penchev
  ADDED - Added new command to open folder in new tab or in other panel
  ADDED - MultiCommander part in shell menu now show a command for "Open in New Tab" / "New Tab Other Panel"
  FIXED - Copy fileitems with date to clipboard the date was UTC and not local time
  FIXED - WPD: (Portable device) - Now works better when getting disconnected. Will to a refresh and clear view better

-- Build 2782 ( 5 Apr-2021 )
  ADDED - If ExplorerPanel config is corrupt when starting a messagebox is now sown asking if it should reset that file.

-- Build 2781 ( 1-Apr-2021 )
  FIXED - ExplorerPanel corrupted config file and show dialog behind splash screen at startup halting startup
  FIXED - Saving config and tabs not updated because of delay update it lost their tab name.

-- Build 2780  ( 28-Mar-2021 )   
    ADDED - During startup MC verify extensions. This process is now done in parallel to improve startup speed.
    ADDED - So tabs can be have delayed update. So they are not updated during startup. This can be Disabled in settings. (In Release this settings might be OFF by default)
    ADDED - Add Warning and user settings to warn if multiple files are selected when doing edit operation.
    FIXED - Top margin for main toolbar is correct
    CHANGE- Did lots of code cleanup in reading the settings.
    ADDED - Holder for the FreeSpace Field and the icons after it are rebuilt. A ExplorerPanel tab UI will now be created faster. Look should be identical with before.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 16:19:36 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: v11.1 ** BETA ** (Updated 28-Mar)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 12:16:02 »
Thanks for the new beta!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: v11.1 ** BETA ** (Updated 1-Apr)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 13:17:18 »
New Beta out that fix the startup issue of the corrupted file. If you still have a corrupted file you need to delete or edit ExplorerPanel.xml before starting.

User Config file is located in
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\MultiCommander\Config\

Delete ExplorerPanel.xml or edit it and remove everything at the bottom after the </config> tag

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: v11.1 ** BETA ** (Updated 5-Apr)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 16:53:48 »
Hi Mathias.

Can you tell me where I can download the zip installer for portable MultiCommander_x64_Update_(11.1.0.2782?

TIA

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 07:54:55 »
Hi Mathias.

Can you tell me where I can download the zip installer for portable MultiCommander_x64_Update_(11.1.0.2782?

TIA
The beta is not available as a installer yet, Final should be ready soon. Only have a couple of minor things to fix before release.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 09:21:01 »
MultiUpdate works also for the portable version. But maybe you need this for a offline-computer? Then can you synchronizing the program folder of a online-computer with the program folder of the offline-computer. The most time is it enough when you update the "MultiCommander.exe".
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 09:23:07 by Matthias515566 »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 12:02:34 »
Hi Mathias.

TIA
The beta is not available as a installer yet, Final should be ready soon. Only have a couple of minor things to fix before release.

OK.  Thanks for the update.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 12:04:33 »
MultiUpdate works also for the portable version. But maybe you need this for a offline-computer? Then can you synchronizing the program folder of a online-computer with the program folder of the offline-computer. The most time is it enough when you update the "MultiCommander.exe".

Matthias, I have already upgraded to build 2782, but I like to keep a copy of each portable zip during Beta testing, and I seem to have "lost" this one  :o

AriesTruong

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 03:32:04 »
Hi @Mathias,

ADDED - MultiCommander part in shell menu now show a command for "Open in New Tab" / "New Tab Other Panel"

I use portable version so How do I can use these items with command-line?
Thank you so much your the best File Manager
Life changes when we change

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 07:31:06 »
Hi @Mathias,

I use portable version so How do I can use these items with command-line?
Thank you so much your the best File Manager
There is already command line commands for that, the /OPEN parameter when running single instance.. ( http://multicommander.com/docs/commandlineparameters )
This is internal commands. (so you can assign hotkeys) and menu commands in shell popup menu
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 07:33:37 by Mathias (Author) »

AriesTruong

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 05:18:53 »
Thanks your answer.

Currently I set MC is always run: In Tray Icon of Core Setting I check "Minimize to tray instead of closing". When I set this option then I cannot restart "MC as Administrator". Could you allow to restart MC as Administrator when I enable this "Minimize to tray instead of closing"

Thanks
Life changes when we change