Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Go up ".." don't show

(1/5) > >>

Tetsuya_Tsurugi:
Hello again. I'm using Windows 11 and in some folders que command ".." to go up one level folder missing... I put here as question, because I really dont know if is a feature of windows 11, bug or something odd. Is any option to force this ".." in all windows?

Mathias (Author):
I never seen anything like that. And I do not thing it is a Windows 11 thing.

Is there something special with the folder with the missing ".." ?
Is it your own folders or system folders ?

Tetsuya_Tsurugi:
It seem that issue occurs in first level after root folder (as show in the attachment photo). If I enter in any folder after first level... ".." sign/command shows again

(In any subfolder is same)

Mathias (Author):
Is it only your Z: drive ? Is that some special network device ? something special with it? When MC scan the filesystem it should returns a ".." item, For normal filesystem MC do not add a the ".." item it self. It should be provided by the filesystem. MC only added it for virtual folders.
So something is different with your Z: then a normal filesystem.

Tetsuya_Tsurugi:
Z: is my game physical disk (just change letter).
This happen in any folder, any disk, created by me or creater by windows intallation. ".." dissapear in fist level folder (I don't know if this is correct terminology...I refer at fist folder after root)

I already check for my Windows 10's multi commander, and show ".." in the same leves that win11 don't.

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on October 24, 2021, 14:58:40 --- For normal filesystem MC do not add a the ".." item it self. It should be provided by the filesystem.

--- End quote ---
For that I thought that is a win11 issue (maybe new version of file explorer)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version