Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Delete command - Explorer method

(1/2) > >>

wicket:
Hi. Is it possible to use Explorer Delete method in MC?

If I hit delete, it uses MC method, but if I right-click and choose delete, it uses Explorer method.

AlanJB:
You would have to switch MC to Explorer Style.

Menu > Configuration > Quick Look'n'Feel Setup... > Windows Explorer Compatibility

wicket:
Thanks for the hint, but it doesn't seem to affect the keyboard. Mouse right-click --> delete uses Windows Commander delete, but if I delete via keyboard (either F8 or Del) it still uses the MC delete routine. :(

AlanJB:
Apologies for not being very helpful: I have been using MC so long (I use Explorer Style) I stopped noticing it uses its own dialog.

Can I ask what is your objection to using the MC dialog?  It offer everything (and more) that the Windows dialog does and has the same buttons and defaults.

wicket:
When you delete files from network drives, they do not go into Recycle bin. I have found a workaround, where I change the location of one of my personal folders (for example Saved Games under C:/users/username/) to the root of my network drive.

This way, when I delete a file from a network drive, it ends up in Recycle bin.

This works in all other file explorers and I only cannot get it to work in MC, because it uses it's own delete routine. But I love MC the most, so I'm in a pickle here :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version