Author Topic: How export/import multi scripts?  (Read 4703 times)

ajax

• View Profile
How export/import multi scripts?
« on: April 11, 2022, 16:50:37 »
Export/import may NOT be the best choice of terminology for this question.  However, I've been using Multicommander (MC) for quite some time now and during that time I've developed quite a few of my own scripts.  I run MC (and just about all Windows applications) in portable fashion.  This technique allows for new releases to be installed separately without making any changes to old releases.  In that, reserve the ability to revert back to prior releases should there be something that doesn't seem to work quite right in the new release.  This concept would probably have similarities to the situation where a new release of MC is installed on another (i.e., test) computer.

It seems to me that there ought to be a simple way to transfer my scripts from one instance of MC to another.  Another idea would be to configure MC such that the scripts reside in some other directories external to the MC executable files and can be shared among several instances of MC.

Is this possible?  If so, how?  If not, is there a recommended method for facilitating this kind of migration?