Author Topic: Version 12 * RC *  (Read 31738 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Version 12 * RC *
« on: May 26, 2022, 16:41:21 »
Beta - Release Candidate

V 12.0  (Build 2899) (31-Jul-2022 )

335+ Yes lots of changes.

-- 2899 - ( 31-Jul-2022 )
  FIXED - Better handling when accessing network resources and need to ask for login.
  FIXED - Crash issue with turkish translation
  FIXED - When unpacking a single file from a zip archive. The date of the file was not set correct.

-- 2898 - ( 30-Jul-2022 )
  FIXED - Some fixes for "MC.FileSystem.Delete" was not merged into release of previous version
  FIXED - MultiLanguage text string fixes
  FIXED - Changing Hotkey was not saved if changed from the User defined command dialog

-- 2897 - ( 29-Jul-2022 )
  ADDED - Custom command "MC.FileSystem.Delete" now works again
  FIXED - Data Previews templates loaded / saved correct parameters for thumbnails.
  FIXED - Backup / Restore dialog now works again
  FIXED - Major code cleanup
  FIXED - 2 Stability issues

-- 2894 - ( 22-Jul-2022 )
  ADDED - Preview customization can now restore to default.
  CHANGE- Default DataPreviewTemplates.xml is not called DataPreviewTemplates_tpl.xml but without _tpl when save to users own config location.
  FIXED - Progress dialog will no longer show +1 item when done.
  FIXED - Progress dialog elapsed calculation is now done correct
  ADDED - FSZip will by default use UTF8 encoding of filenames
  ADDED - FSZip profile can now configure encoding (Like UTF8 or other)
  ADDED - Fixed DPI Aware issue with error dialog in file operations.
  ADDED - What Preview profiles to use by default is now configurable
  FIXED - 2 Stability issues

-- 2888 -  ( 7-Jul-2022 )
  ADDED - Start with Preview Customization dialog. (Not working yet)
  FIXED - Size formatter will now always show TB with 1 decimal.
  FIXED - Issue when pressing cancel in 7z password dialog
  FIXED - Issue when viewing embedded file inside 7z archive
  FIXED - Crash issue when pressing abort in copy/move dialog just when file operation finish.
  FIXED - Better detection if CPU support various special instructions.
  FIXED - 3 Stability issues

-- 2885 -  ( 2-Jul-2022 )
  ADDED - Device dropdown can now show free space on device.
  ADDED - Option for Device Dropdown if it should show free space and if free space should be update when shown or not.
  ADDED - When executing file from within a archive. User now get ask if all files in archive should be unpack or just the selected file
  ADDED - Added some logging to app log if some uncommon error happens
  FIXED - Fixed option "Only auto close on short processes" for Copy/Move file operations
  FIXED - FileProperties (Columns) that should be fetched in the background was not always fetched in the background.
  FIXED - Fixed some text that was not using MultiLanguge system
  FIXED - Hover Preview did not use SqureImage option. it always used the standard thumbnail option for this not what was specified in template.

-- 2882 -  ( 23-Jun-2022 )
  ADDED - Zip now support LZMA/LZMA2 compression method for zip and unzip
  ADDED - Autodetect if AVX2 CPU instruction are available. if not zip/unzip is configured not to use AVX2 instructions.
  FIXED - Thread memory leak. Changed the parallel startup to use anohter thread method.
  FIXED - UTC date issue for extended date columns
  CHANGE- Default hotkey for Hover Preview change to Alt+Q

-- 2880 -  ( 17-Jun-2022 )

ADDED - Default DataPreviewTemplates have been tweaked a bit
  ADDED - Data Preview templates can now define a default margin for columns or rows
  CHANGE- UI rendering of Data Preview that showing folder content changed
  FIXED - Improved error logging if WindowsPreview handler fails to show anything.
  FIXED - "NOPROGRESS" parameter for MultiScript function CopyFile/MoveFile now works again
  FIXED - Some places did not just multi langauge texts.
  FIXED - MultiText for a text for FSZip extension used duplicated text id

-- 2879 -  ( 10-Jun-2022 )
  UPDATE-  Hover Data Preview templates tweaked a bit
  ADDED -  Added Extended FileProp for Documents (ms office docs) using the Windows Property Service
  ADDED -  HoverDataPreview can now show horizontal line and program icon.
  FIXED -  Some extended date columns did not convert UTF date to local
  FIXED -  Unpacking multiple files from zip the filedate was not set correctly

-- 2877 -  ( 6-Jun-2022 )
  Added  - HoverDataPreview now support WindowsPreviewHandler so now PDF, docx, xlsx can be reviewed (office files require office installed)
  Fixed  - Overwrite option issue when unpacking multiple zip files.
  Fixed  - In some rare situation the default icons was not loaded during startup.
  Fixed  - Moving files via Symlink on other volume that points back to source volume
  Fixed  - If custom tab color is used but inactive color is not set. It will now used the same color for both active / inactive
  Fixed  - Various stability fixes

-- 2875 -  ( 26-Mar-2022 )
  Update - Zlib 3rd party library
  Update - Zip source updated and rewrites in MC Zip extension because of major zip api changes.
  Update - 7-Zip code to v21.07
  Update - Updated unrar source to v6.10.3
  Update - Updated 3rd party xml code library
  Added  - Hover data preview (beta) that can be toggled on/off with Ctrl+H or click on Talk-Bubble button on toolbar
  Added  - Menubar now support darkmode.
  Added  - Added support for creating zip archive with encryption PKCrypt or AES-256
  Added  - Added support for AES-256 encryption for zip
  Added  - Custom tab color can now be configured with a color for when the tab is both active and inactive.
  Fixed  - CopyUnpack copy pluging now detects first rar volume of RAR5 files correct.
  Fixed  - Filter button below filelist sometimes lost dark mode style
  Change - Massive code restructuring of core parts.

Hover Data Preview (Beta)
===================================
This is the new major feature to MultiCommander in this release.

This is a new type over hover tips (tooltip) when hovering over files. This hover tooltip can show lots more information.
But it can also be annoying if you do not need it. But when you need it you do not want to dig down in settings to enable it.
So Hover Data Preview tips are enabled/disabled using Ctrl+H, or press the new talk-bubble icon on the toolbar
(the talk bubble icon will turn green when enabled).

When enabled and when you hover over files you will get more information.
If you hover over an images and videos it will show the thumbnail. For text files it will show the first couple of line in the file.
For .exe file it will show version and other information. and so on.

Any file property that MultiCommander support can be shown in the Hover Data Preview tips.

What the Hover Data Preview tips are showing are customizable. However right now there is no UI for it.
But if you are brave you can try to edit the DataPreviewsTemplates.xml in config (copy it to your user config folder first) else you loose your changes when multicommander is updated.

Features missing from Hover Data Preview tips that are planned are
* Able to Zoom thumbnail that are show with mouse wheel ( probably need to hold shift and scroll to zoom )
* Able to show zip information for zip files. And what some of the zip inside the zip is
* When hovering over folder show the first folders/files in the folders
* Show Windows Preview in the Hover Data Preview tip. This will hook into the Preview Handler in Windows 10/11 and depending on what you have installed, you get more information on special files.

In the future some more extended features for the Hover Data preview is planed.

Please let me know if you fell that some information is missing from the Hover data preview tips.
Like when hovering for file type X it should show Y.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 10:57:00 by Mathias (Author) »

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Version 12 * BETA *
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 22:58:20 »
Thanks for the new features Matthias. ;)

The enhanced hover tooltip looks good.  Shows a lot of blank space for my pdf's (see attached) but nice preview on jpgs.

See attached - I'm running in Dark mode & I noticed that the tabs - with custom colours now get blacked out randomly.... bug or not?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 23:02:10 by Ulfhednar »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 12:51:48 »
Thanks for the new features Matthias. ;)

The enhanced hover tooltip looks good.  Shows a lot of blank space for my pdf's (see attached) but nice preview on jpgs.

See attached - I'm running in Dark mode & I noticed that the tabs - with custom colours now get blacked out randomly.... bug or not?
Yes pdf not supported yet.  It been prepared, it will be supported by Windows Preview handler api so if a preview handler for pdf is installed. (I think windows 10+ have that as default, not sure) it will be able to show pdf.

I forgot to disable the PDF preparation I done in the DataPreviewTemplates.xml file, before pushing a beta release

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 13:38:42 »
& I noticed that the tabs - with custom colours now get blacked out randomly.... bug or not?

Hmm not see anything with that. what does it look like?

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2022, 22:49:14 »
Thanks for the reply Mathias.

In the screen shot you can see some tabs that are coloured & some are black, they should all be coloured.
They do show colour when the mouse is hovering & on click but return to black one mouse moves away.

PDFs - I'm using W10, & I guessed there should be a preview but the tooltip is pretty big for all that blank space so I thought I better mention it. :)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 13:06:33 »
The Program starting now extremely faster. Thanks for the nice Update.

User_99

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2022, 22:09:00 »
The program starts really faster. Thanks for the Update.

New Hover Data Preview-feature is really nice.
PDFs - I'm using W10, but there is no preview. Only blank window.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 14:52:25 by User_99 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2022, 17:33:21 »
The program starts really faster. Thanks for the Update.

New Hover Data Preview-feature is really nice.
PDFs - I'm using W10, but there is no preview. Only blank window.
Say mention above.. PDF support is not fully there yet, It will probably be added in the next beta unless the Windows Preview API cause issues

Lukasz S.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2022, 17:05:23 »
Hi Mathias,

I'm sending some points which I found in new release (probably issues regarding favourite window was also in previous version):
1. I think icon for show/hide hidden files was good, better then new one - in my opinion (Please see Screen1.jpg).
2. If you plan to keep new icon, is it possibility to standardize it, I mean the same folder icon in the background, like one showed with green underline? (Please see Screen2.jpg)
3. Favourite window – there is issue with font colour, as you can see font should be yellow, but unfortunately is in grey like full row marking. Hover colour is also not working correctly. (Please see Screen3.jpg)
4. No possible to translate Inactive option, I think this is added function, but honestly speaking I was not able to test it during work with MC - could you give more details about it? (Please see Screen4.jpg)
5. No possible to translate sentences marked in orange. (Please see Screen5.jpg)
6. I think shortcut for Hover data preview CTRL+H should not be set as a default; I’m using this shortcut to show/hide hidden & system files and after update I had a conflict. So maybe there is a chance that MC after update will check if there are shortcut conflicts.
7. Pack and unpack command from menu and shortcut  (Alt+F5) doesn’t work.
8. There are still some windows not showed in dark mode like Multirename and others.

BR
Lukasz
Polish translator
Lukasz S.

User_99

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2022, 19:33:24 »
Say mention above.. PDF support is not fully there yet, It will probably be added in the next beta unless the Windows Preview API cause issues
Only want to report, that per default no preview handler for pdf is installed on Windows 10.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2022, 22:13:52 »
Only want to report, that per default no preview handler for pdf is installed on Windows 10.

Sure ? I have very little installed on one test setup and there I get previews for pdf in explorer. no pdf software installed.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2022, 22:28:29 »
1. Im not happy with the new icon either, it will change, but Im also not happy with the old. the icon don't really say what it does.
  Hide/Show things are often shown with an "eye" kind of icon. Will see if I can fix a better one, the current are really bad, maybe the eye should not be transparent, but white..
 Not sure.

3. Hmm Is it not kind of overkill to be able to customize all the colors in the favorites windows? been thinings about maybe removing that. fells like to much, Maybe should just follow the colors setup for file list instead. Anyway, until that it should work so will take a look
4. Hmm Strange that should be translatable, I will check.
5. I will check
6. It will be possible to remap it.  Not sure what to use as default. It will always conflict with some users personal setup
7.  Yes it does. Works for me,  strange, sure you have not clear the mapping ?
8. Yes I know, many windows are not fixed. It require lots of work for each windows, So many windows that are not shown so often have low prio.. However MultiRename windows is high on the list

Hi Mathias,

I'm sending some points which I found in new release (probably issues regarding favourite window was also in previous version):
1. I think icon for show/hide hidden files was good, better then new one - in my opinion (Please see Screen1.jpg).
2. If you plan to keep new icon, is it possibility to standardize it, I mean the same folder icon in the background, like one showed with green underline? (Please see Screen2.jpg)
3. Favourite window – there is issue with font colour, as you can see font should be yellow, but unfortunately is in grey like full row marking. Hover colour is also not working correctly. (Please see Screen3.jpg)
4. No possible to translate Inactive option, I think this is added function, but honestly speaking I was not able to test it during work with MC - could you give more details about it? (Please see Screen4.jpg)
5. No possible to translate sentences marked in orange. (Please see Screen5.jpg)
6. I think shortcut for Hover data preview CTRL+H should not be set as a default; I’m using this shortcut to show/hide hidden & system files and after update I had a conflict. So maybe there is a chance that MC after update will check if there are shortcut conflicts.
7. Pack and unpack command from menu and shortcut  (Alt+F5) doesn’t work.
8. There are still some windows not showed in dark mode like Multirename and others.

BR
Lukasz

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2022, 11:54:37 »
A Better Hide / Show icon,, better then the temporary that was in the beta

Grey and half closed when hidden files are hidden and so no. full color and open when all files are shown
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 11:56:33 by Mathias (Author) »

User_99

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2022, 19:34:22 »
Nice new icons
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 15:35:07 by User_99 »

Lukasz S.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2022, 21:19:21 »
Hi

The icon you proposed above is much better then in beta version :-)

Anyway, there is some issue with keyboard shortcuts.
Since years I have F2 for rename, and F7 for new folder. In newest beta something has changed, please see attached screen. Even if shortcut is wrong, F2 and F7 is working correctly, there is only visualization issue in button panel.

BR
Lukasz
Polish translator
Lukasz S.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2022, 22:35:21 »
Hi

Since years I have F2 for rename, and F7 for new folder. In newest beta something has changed, please see attached screen. Even if shortcut is wrong, F2 and F7 is working correctly, there is only visualization issue in button panel.

BR
Lukasz

F7 for new folder is default..
Not been able to reproduce that,, strange. will see how that can happend.
How does your CustomKeymappings.xml file look like.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 22:38:42 by Mathias (Author) »

Lukasz S.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2022, 00:25:09 »
Hi, this is copy of mentioned xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <map extid="" ctrl="0" udc="324f810d4b4d4d4d80661a6c47c3018e" key="Z" keymod="C"/>
  <map extid="" ctrl="0" udc="782b3cb27e6a45cbaabcc7026ad916cf" key="F12" keymod=""/>
  <map extid="" ctrl="0" udc="78c42211c9514886bcf4d3ebe7d56b08" key="Q" keymod="C"/>
  <map extid="" ctrl="0" udc="c22e5f9cbf2b40e6a9f71c24ecdc4395" key="F11" keymod=""/>
  <map extid="" ctrl="0" cmd="1058" key="UP" keymod="A"/>
  <map extid="" ctrl="0" cmd="1351" key="F9" keymod="S"/>
  <map extid="" ctrl="0" cmd="1361" key="" keymod=""/>
  <map extid="" ctrl="0" cmd="1300" key="R" keymod="C"/>
  <map extid="a4c2985d9c7e4035a3221cfd600171d0" ctrl="0" cmd="31000" key="N" keymod="C"/>
  <map extid="a4c2985d9c7e4035a3221cfd600171d0" ctrl="0" cmd="41090" key="" keymod=""/>
  <map extid="a4c2985d9c7e4035a3221cfd600171d0" ctrl="0" cmd="41080" key="H" keymod="C"/>
  <map extid="a4c2985d9c7e4035a3221cfd600171d0" ctrl="0" cmd="51002" key="F2" keymod=""/>
  <map extid="3f93229334d648ab8dcc1eb4f62b8ef7" ctrl="0" cmd="30002" key="K" keymod="C"/>
  <map extid="3f93229334d648ab8dcc1eb4f62b8ef7" ctrl="0" cmd="30102" key="" keymod=""/>
  <map extid="a4c2985d9c7e4035a3221cfd600171d0" ctrl="0" cmd="41010" key="F3" keymod="A"/>
  <map extid="a4c2985d9c7e4035a3221cfd600171d0" ctrl="0" cmd="41060" key="F5" keymod="S"/>
</keymap>
Polish translator
Lukasz S.

User_99

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2022, 15:42:15 »
Hi

BR
Lukasz
Confirmed.
After MC start same visual behaviour -  shortcut for F2 and F7  is wrong shown, but are working correctly. When I use CTRL + B twice all is shown correctly again...

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2022, 22:24:24 »
& I noticed that the tabs - with custom colours now get blacked out randomly.... bug or not?

Hi Mathias,
did you find anything on the tabs issue I have? 
Here are some more examples, 3 screens of the same section of tab bar:-
Mouse cursor position determines color for some tabs, as you can see mousing away reverts others to black & in some cases color changes if selected (red to blue in the attached).
Tabs still showing colors are persistent between MC starts/reboots, the black tabs seem to always be the same & will call color on mouse contact.
I've tried reassigning colors to 'faulty' tabs but the new settings don't have any effect.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 22:26:28 by Ulfhednar »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2022, 15:36:37 »

Actually Edge installs a preview handler for pdf by default.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\102.0.1245.33\PdfPreview\PdfPreviewHandler.dll

Not sure if you install something else will remove the connections for that, I guess that if you install another pdf reader that reader might install its own Pdf preview handler.

User_99

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2022, 15:43:05 »
Hover Data Preview-feature is really nice.
How about these icon set for this feature?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2022, 15:47:31 »

Hi Mathias,
Mouse cursor position determines color for some tabs, as you can see mousing away reverts others to black & in some cases color changes if selected (red to blue in the attached).
Tabs still showing colors are persistent between MC starts/reboots, the black tabs seem to always be the same & will call color on mouse contact.
I've tried reassigning colors to 'faulty' tabs but the new settings don't have any effect.

No able to recreate that  yet,
Hm wait I think there are a change, If you go in to tab properties you can now define different colors for when tab is active and inactive.
Might be that if that is not configure if does not fallback to the correct color ? So test if it helps to define an color for when tab is inactive

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2022, 15:49:19 »
Hover Data Preview-feature is really nice.
How about these icon set for this feature?

A bit more square, I like it. I will try it out. Thanks a lot.

User_99

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2022, 22:31:00 »
This was my idea for these symbols ;)

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2022, 22:45:34 »

Hi Mathias,

No able to recreate that  yet,
Hm wait I think there are a change, If you go in to tab properties you can now define different colors for when tab is active and inactive.
Might be that if that is not configure if does not fallback to the correct color ? So test if it helps to define an color for when tab is inactive

Thanks Mathias.

With b2877 I am able to: - reset to default>apply; change color>apply & it works now.
I can also set active/inactive color options & the settings are retained & persist after restarts.
It may be worth noting that this switch between active & inactive color assignments only works for 'Solid' color.
I believe that the active/inactive drop-down was previously only accessible when 'solid color' was selected, now it is accessible for both schemes.

......But I will now be able to sleep again!   ;D