Multi Commander > Translations And Language Packs

German language pack - latest MC version

<< < (3/4) > >>

User_99:
Zip-dialog profile setting ist fixed now. Thx.

Translation for "Password required" and "This archive require a password to be opened. Please enter password." is available but not used for that dialog.

The strings are new and should be used:
    <item iid="2165" text="Passwort erforderlich"/>
    <item iid="2166" text="Dieses Archiv kann nur mit einem Passwort geöffnet werden. Bitte geben Sie jetzt das Passwort ein."/>

But instead these are really used:
    <item iid="2160" text="Passworteingabe notwendig"/>
    <item iid="2161" text="Die Datei oder das Archiv ist passwortgeschützt."/>

Is this a bug?
UPDATE: Think it depends which archiv format is used. For .7z I have the behavior described above.
For .RAR I got the new strings, but need more space. See pic MC Archiv extracting PW 2.png

BTW, need some addition strings for that process for "canceld by user" and "wrong PW entered" dialog. Than all is finished for handling zip ;)

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: User_99 on July 31, 2022, 11:17:10 ---Zip-dialog profile setting ist fixed now. Thx.

Translation for "Password required" and "This archive require a password to be opened. Please enter password." is available but not used for that dialog.

The strings are new and should be used:
    <item iid="2165" text="Passwort erforderlich"/>
    <item iid="2166" text="Dieses Archiv kann nur mit einem Passwort geöffnet werden. Bitte geben Sie jetzt das Passwort ein."/>

But instead these are really used:
    <item iid="2160" text="Passworteingabe notwendig"/>
    <item iid="2161" text="Die Datei oder das Archiv ist passwortgeschützt."/>

Is this a bug?
UPDATE: Think it depends which archiv format is used. For .7z I have the behavior described above.
For .RAR I got the new strings, but need more space. See pic MC Archiv extracting PW 2.png

BTW, need some addition strings for that process for "canceld by user" and "wrong PW entered" dialog. Than all is finished for handling zip ;)

--- End quote ---

Problem is that most of the support for zip/7z/rar is from external code. And tying it up with MC to use MC language text are a bit complex. many times that code does not have access to the language system.
and most of them do not say if they password is wrong.. they you return reporting that it fail to unpack. with generic error code. that can be many things.
and modifying external code is something I try to avoid because that will make it harder to keep that code up to date.

But will check what can be changed

User_99:
Ok, good to know. Thx.
Will wait what you can do and update strings later. Maybe it's a good decision to be more general.

User_99:
Great, translation for "Password required" etc. is fixed. Thx

User_99:
Hi Mathias,

miss one last string for translation in that menu: Multi Commander on facebook

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version