Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

V 12.0 File Coloring Rules can't be changed from Default

(1/3) > >>

bicyclops:
Any change to default coloring rules doesn't get applied or saved.

Some changes made to color rules in previous versions are applied in 12.0.
But new rules added in previous versions are shown but not applied in 12.0

For example, I changed the color for Archives and turned off the color for executables in version 11.6. Those changes are applied in version 12.0 but cannot be changed.

However I added new color rules for folder junctions and symlinks in version 11.6. Those rules are shown in the File Coloring Rules Editor in v 12.0 but are not being applied.

jiee:
You will find that changes getting applied after reboot MC...

Seems like something wrong with the color rule.

Mathias (Author):
Yes it does not auto reload when changed. restart MC after a change and they will be loaded.. will be fixed in update coming soon

bicyclops:

--- Quote from: jiee on August 17, 2022, 12:47:35 ---You will find that changes getting applied after reboot MC...

--- End quote ---
My color rules for junctions and symlinks are not applied after restarting MC.
They worked in 11.6 but don't work in 12.0
Occasionally in 11.6 they would not be applied on initial display of a folder, but a refresh would fix it.

Problem reproduced on 2 systems upgraded form 11.6 to 12.0
Also tried on new install of 12.0 on system which had not had MC installed before. Added new rule to color symlinks and/or junctions. Exit MC and restarted. Color rule is not applied.

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: bicyclops on August 20, 2022, 01:20:29 ---
--- Quote from: jiee on August 17, 2022, 12:47:35 ---You will find that changes getting applied after reboot MC...

--- End quote ---
My color rules for junctions and symlinks are not applied after restarting MC.
They worked in 11.6 but don't work in 12.0
Occasionally in 11.6 they would not be applied on initial display of a folder, but a refresh would fix it.

Problem reproduced on 2 systems upgraded form 11.6 to 12.0
Also tried on new install of 12.0 on system which had not had MC installed before. Added new rule to color symlinks and/or junctions. Exit MC and restarted. Color rule is not applied.

--- End quote ---

Only Issue I find is that it is not reloading it when saved.  so a restart of MC is needed..
I dont find any issue with coloring symlinks and junctions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version