Author Topic: Issue with copying photos from from Apple iPhone  (Read 4408 times)

Mattokun

• View Profile
Issue with copying photos from from Apple iPhone
« on: August 29, 2022, 14:34:49 »
Hello,
I have 2 issues which copying pics (not videos) from an iPhone

1. The files get copied, but some of them "keep copying" way beyond the indicated size; i.e. the file size says x MB but the progress bar goes way beyond that. The files then are way too big, and the pics cannot be looked at because any app/prog says "invalid file/picture format". Please see attachments. I have this problem only with iPhone, not with Samsung or any other external device.

2. Again with iPhone only, when I back up files into a directory where some of them are already backed up, I does ask "Skip All" or "If Size Differs", but I have to click this for every picture/file. The only one I can click and it finishes the copy is "If Newer". It works, but why is it that way?

Any suggestions? TIA!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Issue with copying photos from from Apple iPhone
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 11:54:50 »
1. Strange. Not sure how that can happen. MC is using Windows Portable Device API to talk to portable devices. It is a built-in way for application to communicate with remote devices like phones.
I never seen that happen. But I'm mostly tested it on Android. Not sure if this is a iPhone unique issue or if it is something else.

2. the Virtual device WPD: does not yet support all skip option., this need to be handled internally by the extension.

Mattokun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 14:42:00 »
Thank you for your response.

Yes, it is indeed strange, I have not had these problems with Android phones, thumb drives, or external hard drives. Huh...

Re "skip options", is this something that might be fixed in a future upgrade?

Thank you!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 15:19:43 »
Thank you for your response.

Yes, it is indeed strange, I have not had these problems with Android phones, thumb drives, or external hard drives. Huh...

Re "skip options", is this something that might be fixed in a future upgrade?

Thank you!

Yes it is on the list..  It has just not been top prio since not many people copy files like that from phones..

Mander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 14:04:31 »
I just wanted to chime in and say that I have the same issue with "skip all" not working, except I'm using an Android. I decided to use Filezilla and CX File Explorer instead to copy the files but I thought you might like to know that others run into this problem occasionally.