Author Topic: Path in TitleBar?  (Read 4775 times)

cxxxxx

• View Profile
Path in TitleBar?
« on: October 25, 2022, 00:31:23 »
Good evening,

Is there any trick to show the current path (or at least the left panel's one) in the title bar / taskbar?

The information "MultiCommander" + platform + version is not very helpful if you use multiple instances throughout ;)

Regards, C.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 00:33:21 by cxxxxx »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Path in TitleBar?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 08:27:03 »
I have this on my todo list. However it is not as simple as one might thing at first since MC have multiple panels with multiple tabs and some tabs is not even file explorer panels.

But you can set a own tab in the title bar that is shown first..  either using parameters for MultiCommander.exe or using the command line field  ":title <text>" command

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 18:53:31 »
Quote from: Mathias (Author)
I have this on my todo list.
Please do it not or make this optional. Titles are only relevant for Tab Sessions. I create them with a batch File. Here a String Example:
Code: [Select]
Start "Arbeitsplattform" "C:\Program Files\MultiCommander\MultiCommander.exe" -TABSESSION="Arbeitsplattform" -T="1 Arbeitsplattform"For using this is the Software AutoSizer needed because otherwise the Taskbar Icons will not created.
http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,4403.0.html

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 07:45:35 »
Quote from: Mathias (Author)
I have this on my todo list.
Please do it not or make this optional. Titles are only relevant for Tab Sessions. I create them with a batch File. Here a String Example:
Code: [Select]
Start "Arbeitsplattform" "C:\Program Files\MultiCommander\MultiCommander.exe" -TABSESSION="Arbeitsplattform" -T="1 Arbeitsplattform"For using this is the Software AutoSizer needed because otherwise the Taskbar Icons will not created.
http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,4403.0.html
No this will not be default. will be something you have to enabled.

cxxxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 22:43:10 »
I have this on my todo list. However it is not as simple as one might thing at first since MC have multiple panels with multiple tabs and some tabs is not even file explorer panels.

But you can set a own tab in the title bar that is shown first..  either using parameters for MultiCommander.exe or using the command line field  ":title <text>" command

I wouldn't overthink this. There is little space available in the taskbar anywhay, and no need to re-invent the wheel. So I would suggest to only display the path of the active pane. And even this will be too long under most circumstances, so you could display the partial path (either by including the last and/or first folder element).

The Windows Explorer simply removes the path at the end, so everything else is not essential (or "nice to have").

A little more space is available with the Tooltip, this should be able to display the whole nerd stuff ;)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 12:29:14 »
The problem is now showing the path. the complex thing is to update it correct constantly. depending on what tab is in focus and such.