Author Topic: v13.0 **BETA**  (Read 13772 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
v13.0 **BETA**
« on: March 29, 2023, 12:00:48 »
Not many new things. (I been very busy and have not had much time to spend on MC)
But there is some new features, The big one is the Data Preview Panel. It is like the Hover Data Preview but instead of showing data preview in a hover window, it will be shown in a panel.
Also you can now drag and drop files on a tab header to make that tab go to that location and if dropped in empty tab area a new tab is opened.

+ 45 Changes

-- Build 2950 - 2023-06-02
 ADDED - Dialog warning about not enougth free space when starting a copy operation will ow show how mush is needed and how much additional free space is needed
 ADDED - Device that are marked as offline will now be skipped on a couple of situations.
 FIXED - 1 Stability issue

-- Build 2948 - 2023-05-22
 FIXED -  When renaming and file is open by other process, MC will now have an action to retry in the error dialog.
 ADDED -  Will try to ask Windows if a Remote device is availible. Sometimes Windows will report as availible even if it is not.
          But when it does report it as disconnected. MC will not hang waiting for a timeout at startup

-- Build 2946
 FIXED - Publish system, 64bit version in now package into correct update files.

-- Build 2945
 ADDED - When Previewing images in panel the image will now be fetch using WIC ( Windows Imaging component )
         instead of Windows thumbnail system since the thumbnail system always returned a squered image.
 ADDED - Data Preview in panel can now take focus. Allowing for wheelzoom when preview is showing text
 ADDED - Better dark mode support for Data Preview
 CHANGE- PASV is now default for new FTP connections
 ADDED - Foldertree can now customize font size
 ADDED - Middle click on folder in tree will open folder on other panel
 ADDED - Foldertree expand/collapse icon changed
 FIXED - Issue when canceling FTP quick connect dialog
 FIXED - Editing large QWORD Regvalue in REG:
 FIXED - 2 Stability issue

-- Build 2943 - 2023-03-31
 FIXED - Language pack submit now works again
 FIXED - Packing 7z archive, The progress bar will now work better.
            However it will not show current file being packed since the newer 7z used packs files in parallel
 FIXED - 2 Stability issues

-- Build 2942 - 2023-03-28
 ADDED - DataPreview can now also be shown inside a Panel
 ADDED - Dropping file/folder on tab header that tab will go to that folder and file
 ADDED - Dropping file/folder on empty tab area and a new tab will be opened for that folder and file
 FIXED - 3 Stability issues

« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 17:38:46 by Mathias (Author) »

User_99

• View Profile
Re: v13.0 **BETA**
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 21:03:51 »
The new DataPreview inside a Panel is great.
Thx very much...

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 12:17:18 »
Hi Mathias. - thanks for the new beta.

But is the latest not 2943 (instead of 2944 , as stated above?)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2023, 01:07:24 »
Hi Mathias. - thanks for the new beta.

But is the latest not 2943 (instead of 2944 , as stated above?)
Yes you are correct. I have modified it

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 12:47:00 »
Thanks for the update Mathias.

Just installed b2945 & it seems to have lost many of the entries on the right-click context menu.
MC entries are intact but 3rd party entries have mostly gone.
Any way to recover these or is it necesssary to reinstall the apps?

I used autoruns to inspect the system & the reg entries etc are intact.  The context entries are also OK in Vanilla Explorer.   ::)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 13:02:37 by Ulfhednar »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 13:16:56 »
Thanks for the update Mathias.

Just installed b2945 & it seems to have lost many of the entries on the right-click context menu.
MC entries are intact but 3rd party entries have mostly gone.
Any way to recover these or is it necesssary to reinstall the apps?

I used autoruns to inspect the system & the reg entries etc are intact.  The context entries are also OK in Vanilla Explorer.   ::)

Nothing around that is changed.. changes are just minor fixes to the things in the previous beta
Also MC do not control external options in context menu, MC just ask windows to fill up the menu.
Can it be that you went from 32bit to 64bit ?
64bit does not show shell extensions that are only 32bit.. and the other way around

Jean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 16:06:06 »
Mathias i have a widget on the desktop that shows cpu for processes. This mc beta shows between 6 and 7% cpu being idle. I never saw that before so i downgraded to latest stable and cpu use is normal again, so low it doesn't even show up anymore.
Also where is the page to download older beta's please, the previous one was working fine.

Also, while i have your ear, for me a weak point in mc, my favorite filemanager, it how it handles a network share that is gone, it does not respond for a long time, no other filemanager takes so long.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 17:13:23 »
Mathias i have a widget on the desktop that shows cpu for processes. This mc beta shows between 6 and 7% cpu being idle. I never saw that before so i downgraded to latest stable and cpu use is normal again, so low it doesn't even show up anymore.
Also where is the page to download older beta's please, the previous one was working fine.

Also, while i have your ear, for me a weak point in mc, my favorite filemanager, it how it handles a network share that is gone, it does not respond for a long time, no other filemanager takes so long.

That very strange since there is no new functions that run in the background or anything like that. difference between the two beta are very low, only fixes and only major change are in Preview Panel, and if you did not even use that. everything is like before.
Can you create a dump of the process when it using CPU and upload to https://multicommander.com/support/upload

I don't think MC can take longer before responding then others, when shares are gone, unless some other program bypasses Windows Networking and do there own networking. MC is using the Windows network api. It is Windows that control how long it waits for it to timeout.

There is no revert of beta. You have to go back to 12.8

Jean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2023, 17:51:28 »
i got 'bad gateway' trying to upload, maybe because the filesize is quite big, 154mb, i've put it here https://jcremers.com/MultiCommander.DMP
The file shows nothing in nirsoft bluescreenview though.

Mc taking longer to respond is what i see on two pc's here. You've told me before it only uses windows api but i can't help seeing a big difference, sorry.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 17:58:44 by Jean »

Jean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2023, 18:14:53 »
the cpu problem does not happen on the laptop.
On the desktop, if i close all panels, the cpu goes to 0, opening just one panel and it goes to 6.6.

fixed it by importing the settings from the laptop, cpu is back to normal.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 18:27:45 by Jean »

ToHrn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2023, 20:58:44 »
Hello :D,
Mathias new update of MC Beta changes 64bit version to 32bit. Even if you check option "Upgrade 32bit version to 64bit" in MultiUpdate, it still installs 32bit version.
What's interesting, it downloads zip file with 64bit version (MultiCommander_x64_Update_(13.0.0.2945).zip), but after installation it turns out to be 32bit.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 21:04:29 by ToHrn »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2023, 08:11:44 »
Hello :D,
Mathias new update of MC Beta changes 64bit version to 32bit. Even if you check option "Upgrade 32bit version to 64bit" in MultiUpdate, it still installs 32bit version.
What's interesting, it downloads zip file with 64bit version (MultiCommander_x64_Update_(13.0.0.2945).zip), but after installation it turns out to be 32bit.
Ahhh.. Ok the new publishing script must name the files wrong. I will fix that that tonight with a new version.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2023, 17:27:16 »
Thanks for reply Mathias.
MC update being x32 not x64 must be the reason for my issue also, as I am now on 32 bit.
Will wait for your fix  :D

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2023, 18:39:26 »
64bit version is now in the 64bit package

When the Upgrade tool start click on settings and check "upgrade 32bit to 64bit version" before you press start upgrade..

ToHrn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2023, 19:08:37 »
64bit version is now in the 64bit package

When the Upgrade tool start click on settings and check "upgrade 32bit to 64bit version" before you press start upgrade..
Mathias, thank you very much for your quick feedback and fixing "the bug" ;).

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2023, 15:10:10 »
Thanks for letting me back onto MC x64 Mathias :D

I may have found a possible bug. 
Using 13.0 b2946 x64 when I <shift-click select> a block of files & then <ctrl-click deselect> one or more of them, the selection alters as soon as I move the mouse.
This can also reverse the selection.

I'd appreciate you having a look to see if you can replicate this behaviour.  ;)

UPDATE
 It's now doing what it's supposed to do.... so WTF happened IDK  ::)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 17:13:27 by Ulfhednar »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2023, 10:25:46 »
Hmm...

Unable to reproduce here with build 2946.

Tried with just folders, just files and a mix of the two.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2023, 18:52:34 »
Have you release notes for 2946? It seems i don't need to update.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2023, 19:09:45 »
An archive is not being unpacked in the target folder, but rather in a subfolder of the target folder with the same name as the archive. I believe I recall this behavior being different in the past, when I could unpack the contents of the archive directly into the target folder.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2023, 23:26:37 »
An archive is not being unpacked in the target folder, but rather in a subfolder of the target folder with the same name as the archive. I believe I recall this behavior being different in the past, when I could unpack the contents of the archive directly into the target folder.
When unpacking multiple files, you get them into subfolder if "unpack archive into individual folders" are checked in the unpack dlg. (and it is by default)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2023, 23:56:59 »
However, I was merely extracting a single file, and the option was unavailable as it was greyed out.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2023, 12:43:53 »
However, I was merely extracting a single file, and the option was unavailable as it was greyed out.
It been like that since 2009.

User_99

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2023, 12:08:18 »
Hi Mathias, thx for the new RC.

Is there a problem with translation server`? Cannot update my latest updates for Language pack.
Got message that my public key is not correct!?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 21:01:37 by User_99 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2023, 09:39:43 »
Hi Mathias, thx for the new RC.

Is there a problem with translation server`? Cannot update my latest updates for Language pack.
Got message that my public key is not correct!?
I found the error. It is the error in the new website system.. I will fix.. should work soon Try now
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 09:48:54 by Mathias (Author) »

User_99

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2023, 21:23:44 »
It's fixed. Thx.
Language updated;)