Multi Commander > Beta Releases

v13.3 Beta

<< < (2/5) > >>

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Matthias515566 on November 13, 2023, 16:40:41 ---
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on November 13, 2023, 16:29:28 ---Your what ?

--- End quote ---
A "network share" is a shared resource, like a file or folder, made available over a network for access by other devices. It allows files to be shared and accessed remotely within a connected network.
The network shares are usually consolidated under the network symbol in the directory tree.

--- End quote ---
I know what network shares are.. you talked about checking symbols and stuff..
I have not seen any issues with accessing a network shares, uses it daily my self without any issue

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Matthias515566 on November 13, 2023, 23:12:25 ---The admin-mode don't work anymore.

--- End quote ---
Not able to reproduce that
It is just the beta.. ? or all version ? all folder location ? If its hang it is often MC waiting for a call to windows to comeback.. So then it can be anything that hook them self into Windows that causing it..

Matthias515566:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on November 14, 2023, 07:02:07 ---It is just the beta.. ? or all version ? all folder location ?

--- End quote ---
It's just the beta. I always do this when I install a new program or a update. Do you never use protected folders? Do you start your MC as Admin? My Windows account is an admin account. Maybe that's the difference.

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on November 14, 2023, 06:58:56 ---I know what network shares are.. you talked about checking symbols and stuff..
I have not seen any issues with accessing a network shares, uses it daily my self without any issue

--- End quote ---
Method A and Method B works not for me, maybe you have different settings.

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Matthias515566 on November 14, 2023, 13:55:25 ---
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on November 14, 2023, 07:02:07 ---It is just the beta.. ? or all version ? all folder location ?

--- End quote ---
It's just the beta. I always do this when I install a new program or a update. Do you never use protected folders? Do you start your MC as Admin? My Windows account is an admin account. Maybe that's the difference.

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on November 14, 2023, 06:58:56 ---I know what network shares are.. you talked about checking symbols and stuff..

--- End quote ---
Method A and Method B works not for me, maybe you have different settings.

--- End quote ---

Not sure I understand what you issue is.. something with network connection ?

So you only got the problem in beta. strange. absolutely nothing is changed about browsing file shares.
There is a difference in User mode and elevated to admin mode, By default they do not share mapped network drives. but that is a registry settings for windows. But I guess that is not the issue.
Browse network method is depending on how you network setup looks like. Windows got 3 different ways to do it. and they all do different things..  Looking in the log (ctrl+L) and it will output everything it finds

But you can "pin" server in the network (NET:) and they will always be shown there, It will cache it.. and you can often just access directly without scanning again

skrzat:
Quick searching files/folders by typing/pressing keys has stopped working in build 2962. It was working until this build

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version