Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

List of ExplorerPanel Commands, different amount, missing some?!..

(1/2) > >>

tbone:
Hi!.. o)

Another question, why is it, that the "Custom Context Menu Editor" is showing less / not all of the "Explorer Panel" internal commands?

This is the list of "Explorer Panel" internal commands, when opened in "Custom Context Menu Editor":

tbone:
And this is the list of "Explorer Panel" internal commands, when opened from the "User Commands" editor:

There is more stuff in here, I noticed, because I was searching for the native "Rename" function, which was present here, but not in the "Custom Context Menu Editor".
I had to create a wrapper entry in "User Commands" using this native "Rename" command, to be able to create a "Rename" menu entry in the "Custom Context Menu Editor" (by using my wrapping user command).

Is there some criteria on internal commands, why they would not show up directly in the list of "Explorer Panel" internal commands, when in the "Custom Context Menu Editor"?

Thank you!

Mathias (Author):
All commands does not fit as commands for the context menu. so they are 'flagged' if they are commands that should show up there. Might be that some commands miss that flag.

'Rename' the normal 'rename' from the shell part is already calling the normal. so duplication.

tbone:
I was trying to get rid of the windows shell context menu, it makes things slow and if I would use the Copy/Paste from the windows shell menu, timestamps will not be copied, which is why I need to use a different file manager than Explorer in the first place, apart from hundreds of other quirks of course! o)

While we are at it, is there a way to hide custom context menu entries, if the context menu is triggered on the file display background, so the actual target is not a folder/file from the listed items, but the folder I am in?

tbone:
Without being able to hide specific items for the current folder context menu, I get this when clicking the file list background.
Most entries do not work, like Delete, Rename, Copy etc., which is kind of expected, but maybe there is a way to hide them at least?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version