Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Calculate Folder Size broken (MC x64 14.2 build 3019 portable BETA)

(1/1)

Anti-Bacterial:
Calculate Folder Size is broken.  The size of folders is not refreshed. When I click on the KB toolbar icon (or press Shift+Alt+Return), the DIR size shows 0 bytes.  See before and after images below.

Note: The "Always rescan folders" setting under Explorer panel settings has no effect.  I used to keep this enabled, but that doesn't solve my issue which I only noticed recently.

Mathias (Author):
Im not able to reproduce that
If you start foldersize from shortcut or from Menu > Tools > Calculate folder size , Same result ?

Is there something special with those folder ? permission ? symlinks or something ?

The "Always rescan folders" has nothing to do with folder sizing. It is if a folder always should should rescan the content of the folder when entering, even if folder hint say nothing has changed

Anti-Bacterial:
Thanks for the quick reply. The Menu > Tools > Calculate folder size command returns 0 bytes.  Same if I click the KB icon in the toolbar

Upon further experimentation, I have observed the folder sizes are NOT calculated for any locally stored folders on Microsoft OneDrive and BoxDrive on my C: drive. 

Other cloud folders like DropBox and GoogleDrive folders calculate the file sizes perfectly.  But OneDrive and BoxDrive will not calc the sizes and always return 0 bytes after I recalculate the folder sizes. I recently installed OneDrive on my new laptop and noticed it. This issue has never happened before. It's very strange indeed!

I don't understand what's different about the OneDrive and  BoxDrive folder permissions.  I checked and have full control on the security tab of the folder properties dialog.  I'm also running under my Windows 11 64-bit administrator account.

Any thoughts or suggestions to try next?  It's driving me crazy!  Thanks in advance

Mathias (Author):
OneDrive is using virtual placeholder files (might be that other cloud venders also have moved over to that), Windows has done some changes to how they are identified, and they are now colliding with how junctions links are identified.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version