Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

MultiRename In Downloads Folder Resulted In MC Flagged As Cryptolocker By COMODO

(1/1)

total_annihilation00:
Ohhh so I was copying some Images (changing PNGs to WebPs extensions using mass-MultiRename of some 23 files in User/Downloads/ subfolder) & COMODO AV flagged MultiCommander as "probably Cryptolocker @ 14.2" (without notifying) that's how the MultiCommander EXE got deleted (I thought it had crashed & ransomware blocked me from accessing User/Downloads in Explorer), I noticed it just now it's still in COMODO AV Quarantine ! Anyway I had downloaded the Portable Zip & replaced the MC EXE. It's working fine just had to update to latest Beta & also I didn't lose any config/ settings ! 🧞‍♂️ After checking Exclusions, MC is whitelisted; I don't know how it happened, gotta do MultiRenames outside these protected User/ folders (if you've got COMODO Internet Security Premium) ! 😌 P.S: I lost those Images during the conversion process dialog but I managed to re-download them.

Mathias (Author):
False positives happens a lot.  The security software sees that this software do lots of files things. so it much be suspicious.
It often fix it self after a while. Not much I can do to make it not happen.

total_annihilation00:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on July 18, 2024, 20:50:04 ---False positives happens a lot.  The security software sees that this software do lots of files things. so it much be suspicious.
It often fix it self after a while. Not much I can do to make it not happen.

--- End quote ---

Oh O.K. thanks !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version