Author Topic: Is it possible to hide column headers in List View?  (Read 5952 times)

Balu

• View Profile
Is it possible to hide column headers in List View?
« on: July 28, 2024, 21:11:41 »
In list view mode, I would like to hide the column names / column header in explorer view, is that possible? Tried to find a setting for it, but without success. Thanks in advance!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Is it possible to hide column headers in List View?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2024, 22:31:57 »
If you remove column 'Name' in list mode. there would be nothing that was shown.. the list would be empty since only name is shown

Balu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2024, 23:16:01 »
If you remove column 'Name' in list mode. there would be nothing that was shown.. the list would be empty since only name is shown

I tried to do that, but the Name column cannot be removed. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but so far I could not remove the header whatever I tried.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2024, 08:35:51 »
Correct is cannot be removed.. It will prevent you from removing the 'Name' field in 'List' mode . If you removed it, it would result in a blank list and you would not see any files.  since in List mode 'Name' is the only field that are shown.

Balu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2024, 08:46:59 »
So it is not possible to hide it in any way? In list mode, there is no point for it to be shown, it just takes up valuable screen space.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2024, 10:13:03 »
@Mathias (Author),
I think @Balu just wants to hide the entire header with column names, not the particular column itself.

Balu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2024, 12:57:39 »
@Mathias (Author),
I think @Balu just wants to hide the entire header with column names, not the particular column itself.
Yes, that is correct!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2024, 23:10:31 »
@Mathias (Author),
Yes, that is correct!

Ah remove the header.. no that is not currently supported. without the header you would not be able to change the sorting to something else or to change the width of the name columns..

Balu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2024, 23:37:57 »
Is this feature something that could be potentially coming in the future? If this setting would be easily accessible like hiding a toolbar etc., then you could select your sorting order, then hide it, and if you want to change the sorting order you could just show the header again, change it, and then hide it again. Although, I never really change the sort order apart from setting it up the first time, so to me, that header is just occupying space I would very much like to have for my file and folder list. At least this is the case when I'm using list view, which I do all the time.