Author Topic: 2.5 Beta - Build 1106 - Questions  (Read 14616 times)

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
2.5 Beta - Build 1106 - Questions
« on: May 27, 2012, 17:56:07 »
1. How do i make list view mode default?

2. In list view mode when i press right arrow, focus cursor eventually goes to the very last file. But if i then press left arrow, focus cursor goes only to the first column but not to the top position.

3. Is it possible to change toolbar icons size?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 18:43:28 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: 2.5 Beta - Build 1080 - Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 21:08:14 »
1. Not possible yet..  But it will be there before final release.

2. Ahh Okey. I will take a look at that..

3. Not at the moment. It is planed, but Im not sure I have the time to fix it before planed release.. Maybe..

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5 Beta - Build 1082 - Questions
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 18:57:45 »
Is it possible to implement restoring Language not only from internal backups but also from custom file (saved by Export command)? In one of the next releases...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 18:59:53 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: 2.5 Beta - Build 1082 - Questions
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 23:05:40 »
Is it possible to implement restoring Language not only from internal backups but also from custom file (saved by Export command)? In one of the next releases...
I was thinking about that. problem is that the export file stores the file in a layout that matches how the files are stored in the build system.

So it then must convert the path to match.. Might be possible. If it does not take to much time to fix I will add it.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: 2.5 Beta - Build 1106 - Questions
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 18:56:32 »
Some words about "Save current layout as default" action in columns popup menu.

1. If i uncheck column(s) in popup, then save as default, unchecked column(s) become checked and layout is saved with all columns. So i need to "Customize colums..." first and then save as default. Too many operations to do. I think unchecked columns should not be saved.

2. "Save as default" saves view modes separately for each panel, while colums set is one for both panels. And after saving as default columns set is immediately applied to both panels. I think that default layout should be either different for each panel or the same for both. Not mixed.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 18:59:05 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: 2.5 Beta - Build 1106 - Questions
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 19:22:54 »
Some words about "Save current layout as default" action in columns popup menu.

1. If i uncheck column(s) in popup, then save as default, unchecked column(s) become checked and layout is saved with all columns. So i need to "Customize colums..." first and then save as default. Too many operations to do. I think unchecked columns should not be saved.

2. "Save as default" saves view modes separately for each panel, while colums set is one for both panels. And after saving as default columns set is immediately applied to both panels. I think that default layout should be either different for each panel or the same for both. Not mixed.

1. I know. It is a bit strange. But for now uncheck means temporary disable them. But they are still in the column set, but hidden temporary.
I have it on my list of things to fix in the future. But it is a too big of a code change this close to final release of v2.5

2. If you have 2 panels with the default column layout and you change how the default column layout looks, all views that are showing the default layout will be updated.
Before I had it so that only current view was updated. But it was messy and I got a lots of complains that users needed to go in and update all their views manually.
It think it is better that they are synced. It will only update the other views when you a changing the default column set. And you do not do that often.