Author Topic: Button Panel Puzzlement  (Read 7074 times)

RussWilliams

• View Profile
Button Panel Puzzlement
« on: October 13, 2012, 18:12:19 »
I have a puzzling problem with the button panel. It's not critical, but I would like to get a solution.
I installed a substitute Windows start menu called "Classic Start Menu". One of its options is to open it by hovering over the Start button. I use this a lot, but after doing that, I find that the MC button panel display has switched to the CTRL+ display. (I keep MC open all the time.) This is not critical, since I only have to right-click in the button panel to restore it, but it would be nice if the button panel display would restore itself after I stop hovering over the Start button.
I'm not sure if Classic Start Menu is causing this, or if MultiCommander could do something to keep this from happening. Any thoughts?  :-\

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Button Panel Puzzlement
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 07:03:07 »
Strange. Maybe thew classic start menu hook it self into the process and steals mouse up messages or something ?

Because MC need the mouse up or key up message to be able to return to default state.

The button panel changes layout modes both using Ctrl , Shift and Ctrl+shift, but also when using mouse by pressing down right button or middle button.
But if the Button Up or Mouse Up message is not sent to MC then the panel is does not return to default mode.

This is by design, so that you can press right mouse button and move mouse outside of MC and release it and button panel will stay it that mode and it is now easier to click on or modify the buttons in the alternative layouts.

RussWilliams

• View Profile
Re: Button Panel Puzzlement
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 20:43:03 »
Okay, Mathias. I just thought it was strange that hovering over the start button would look to MC like I was pressing CTRL, but I suppose I'll just have to try to change my habits to press RMB whenever I move the mouse away from Start. Thanks.