Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Tabs on Panels

<< < (2/2)

Sajjan:
Yes Jungle Sir,
I did It.
It looks great to have six tabs open when I open MC, which I would never get. Previously I had to always manually change to each one, which took enormous time Sir.
Thank you Jungle Sir.

I have Freeagent GoFlex Drive set is my G: drive. This is 1tb portable storage drive. There is an icon which I think is supposed to connect/disconnect such drives. However this icon is not active but my G: drive is displayed in drive bottons. Therefore I can not click on it to disconnect G: drive.

How is it connected to the computer USB ? ESATA ? Network ? Is it Removable in the list of removable devices in Windows, when you press the tray icon windows has for removable devices ?

Sir, this is connected to computer by USB port. When it stays connected MC as well My Computer shows it on button bar as G, when not MC only displays drives C: D: E: (F:\ being portable CD drive). Enclosing Screenshots.
This is not big issue but I would want it to work if MC has such option Sir.
I once again wish to praise this wonderful work, which is wonderfulx5 because of persons like you Jungle ans Mathias Sir.

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Sajjan on October 25, 2012, 18:21:02 ---I have Freeagent GoFlex Drive set is my G: drive. This is 1tb portable storage drive. There is an icon which I think is supposed to connect/disconnect such drives. However this icon is not active but my G: drive is displayed in drive bottons. Therefore I can not click on it to disconnect G: drive.
How is it connected to the computer USB ? ESATA ? Network ? Is it Removable in the list of removable devices in Windows, when you press the tray icon windows has for removable devices ?

Sir, this is connected to computer by USB port. When it stays connected MC as well My Computer shows it on button bar as G, when not MC only displays drives C: D: E: (F:\ being portable CD drive). Enclosing Screenshots.
This is not big issue but I would want it to work if MC has such option Sir.

--- End quote ---

The disconnect button is only shown if the device says to windows that it is a drive that can be removed. And you know that if it is listed in the window traybar.
The disconnect button in MC is the same as 'safe removal' in windows. See
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/remove-a-usb-external-storage-device0.html

And if your GoFlex is listed in the tray as removable then it should be able to disconnect it from MC.

Sajjan:
And if your GoFlex is listed in the tray as removable then it should be able to disconnect it from MC.
Mathias Sir,
Wile this drive stays connected an icon on task bar is displayed with option to "Safely Remove Hardware". I always click on this icon before I intend to disconnect my G: Freeagent GoFlex Drive.
After I remove drive that Icon disappears.
Best of Luck Sir.

Mathias (Author):
The Disconnect button will be enable IF window tells MC that the device is of removable type. Why windows does not do that for your Goflex drive, I do not know.
All other external storage devices I tested on works.

Sajjan:
Not a big issue Sir.
Anyway thank you for responding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version