Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

folder/filder sizes

(1/2) > >>

avantuser1114:
why is it that decimal points are not shown in folder/file sizes?i'm using auto for sizes and there are sizes that have decimal points according to 'right click->properties' but i don't see them being displayed in MC..

Mathias (Author):
The Properties Dialog is not from MC. it is from Windows Explorer.
MC uses number settings from the regional settings on the computer.

avantuser1114:
what do i need to do so that sizes will match the values calculated by Windows Explorer?

Mathias (Author):
depending on what values you are referring to. Windows Explorer shows two values. real total value and virtual value.
MC shows the same real total number of byte.. Unless you have special files that MC count and that Windows Explorer does not count.

avantuser1114:
all i want is to make the sizes displayed by MC same with what the properties dialog(size, and not size of disk) displays..that is if you're going to compare the size of a file/folder according to the Properties dialog(again, i mean 'Size' and not 'Size on disk') with the size displayed by MC in size column..you'll get the same value..and that is with decimal places included if there are..what are the steps to do that?what configurations in my OS do I need to change?I'm using Win7 x64..it's a bit problematic if MC displays a size and when i use properties dialog('size', and not 'size on disk') i see another value...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version