Author Topic: calculate all sizes of folders in a directory  (Read 6414 times)

avantuser1114

• View Profile
calculate all sizes of folders in a directory
« on: November 13, 2012, 02:09:27 »
i know this can be done by not putting the focus rectangle on any of the folders in a directory but it's better if there's another menu item or button or the likes of the two that when pressed will show all the sizes of the folders in a directory regardless of the position of the focus rectangle..
if you have selected multiple folders or files in a directory to copy, for example, but then you want to know first the sizes of all of the folders in that directory then you would have to put the focus rectangle to '...'or to any free space, press the 'calculate....'..then you if you want to continue what you want to do..you need to select again those files and folders!..if there's only a button or menu item that will show all of the folders sizes in that specific directory then there'll be no need to repeat the selection process..

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: calculate all sizes of folders in a directory
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 06:53:35 »
If no folders are selected then all folders will will be calculated when selecting to calculate folder size.
Or if you select a folder with spacebar it will also calculate just that folder.

I think that is only an issue if you are running the Windows Explorer styled setup. That setup is very restricted and not optimized for best usage.
Commander styled setup is much better in doing that.

avantuser1114

• View Profile
Re: calculate all sizes of folders in a directory
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 13:33:18 »
i know that if there's no folder in focus, the sizes of all of the folders will be calculated..what i meant is a feature that even if there is a folder in focus, the sizes of all of the folders will be displayed..it doesn't matter where the focus rectangle is..if it is enabled all of the folders in that directory will have their sizes displayed..