Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

right click context menu 'copy' not intercepted

(1/2) > >>

avantuser1114:
is it a natural behavior of MC to not intercept the copy operation done through right click->copy then paste?

Mathias (Author):
Yes.

avantuser1114:
can you add an option to make it intercepted?i like the file operation offered by MC, it's one of the things that attracted my attention..i'm tired of windows 'just copy' function without any advanced feature..but why is it that MCs copy operation is slower than windows?

Mathias (Author):
No. not directly. To much information is lost using cut/paste.

It depends on you HW and/or settings. My computer is much faster using MC then windows. But it depends on what you read data from and write to and also what OS. and Windows does sometimes lies when it says it is done copying.  It says it is done when it has written data to its write cache. but the data is not written to the drive yet. by default MC bypasses the cache. But you can tweak and change read/write strategy in copy dialog.

avantuser1114:
any tips then to make it faster?i'm using windows 7 home premium 64 bit, i5 processor but the first generation, 7200 rpm hard disk..by the way thanks for the info about the way windows do copy..and though in my system i feel MC is slower, i'm still more comfortable using it..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version