Multi Commander > Beta Releases

2.8 BETA - Bugs

(1/2) > >>

Krekkie:
When executing the steps below I sometimes (not all the time) get this error:
Unexpected Error: WriteThread should not be running. But is is... ( ID 3001 )

Steps to follow:
- Copy a bunch of small files from a local hard disk to a network disk using F5 (I could not simulate this copying from a local hard disk to the same local hard disk).
- While it is copying, click Abort.
- Click Yes when the question to abort file copying appears.
- About 1 in 7 times the error appears.
- If the error was displayed then the question to delete an incomplete file is displayed also so I suppose it has something to do with incomplete copied files.

I don't know whether this is specific to the beta version. I installed the beta today and noticed this behavior today also but this could be a coincidence. If it helps, I could try testing in the previous version.

Using Multi Commander 2.8 BETA (build 1262) 64 bit Edition on Windows 7 Pro x64

Mathias (Author):
Thanks.  Will see if I can fixa that.. again.
It is not a new issue. It is a old thread timing Issue. I never been able to recreate it my self. I thought it was fixed. but apparently not.
The small file you copy.. how small are the..   2-3kb per files or 50K, 100 K ?

However. When it happens, It does not destroys anything. If the issue happens it will wait before continue when you press Ok. The issue is that it should not have to wait.

If you get the question about deleting incomplete file then the abort happen in the middle of the file. so that you now have a incomplete file. thats why it ask to delete it.

Krekkie:
I noticed the problem with really small files like 2-3 KB or even less than 1 KB in size but further testing shows it also happens with files smaller than 1 MB. It doesn't seem to happen with files bigger than about 1 MB. The smaller the files, the more likely it is the error appears or so it seems.

Krekkie:
Mathias, if you want to try some things, debug the program, log stuff or display some messages to see what's going on in a test version, I will be happy to try it out for you.
I'm a developer myself so I know how hard it is to fix something you can't reproduce yourself.

Mathias (Author):
If you enable file operations logging.

Core Settings > Logging > Filesystem Log
and make sure Log copy operations is active and debug level is "Debug Eval"
Then when the error happens you will have a row in the file operation log (Ctrl+L to show log view) that says
"<date> <time> Activitystatus of writethread is <num>, Should be 2."

What would be interesting to know is what digit is says in <num>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version