Author Topic: Free of charge?  (Read 7216 times)

Netentity

• View Profile
Free of charge?
« on: December 28, 2012, 00:15:00 »
Hello,
I've just recently stumbled across MC and all I can say is... OMG ;D
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

This is the FIRST file manager I've come across that is equal to and/or better than what I've been using and considered the best file manager EVER....Norton File Manager- newbielink:http://www.symantec.com/about/news/release/article.jsp?prid=19960205_01 [nonactive]. I've been using NFM since it first cam out in the late 90's and have not found anything better till now. Even after all these years and versions of Windows I STILL use it religiously. How on earth can MC possibly be free? When I first installed it I was MORE than happy to pay whatever (within reason of course  ;)) for it. I rarely ever make post's anywhere for anything but felt I at least needed to give credit where it's due since I'm not paying a thing for it.

Are there plans to eventually make it a paid version? Or at least a way to make a voluntary contribution to the effort? Now that I've found this I just can't bear the thought it not going forward and being discontinued or falling by the wayside like NFM was.

Thanks again!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Free of charge?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 12:15:42 »
Are there plans to eventually make it a paid version? Or at least a way to make a voluntary contribution to the effort? Now that I've found this I just can't bear the thought it not going forward and being discontinued or falling by the wayside like NFM was.

There is not plans to go to paid version anytime soon. The marked is to small, and it would require to much administration and commitments.

I use this program a lot my self and I got a long list of things I want to add so MC will be around for sometime.