Author Topic: Multi Commander v3.0  (Read 10500 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Multi Commander v3.0
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:45:42 »
Multi Commander v3.0 is planned to be out at the end of Januari.

v3.0 will not contain any new major features. However a lot of work will be done under the hood. (It will contain bug fixes and improvement of exists features)

* MultiCommander will be moved to be built with VisualStudio 2012 using the platform toolset "V110-XP"
* Some resources like icons (and some other ) will be moved out of MultiCommander.exe and places in resource dll. This will for example allow users to easier customize and replace all the icons if they wish.
* Language system will be updated. The language files will still exists as today, but they will be stored in another way and will be named different.
 also the built in language editor might get some changes.
* How and where some configuration are stored. Some configuration will be split, some joined.
* Clean up of the SDK API so that can be released.
* + bug fixes and improvements

So most of the work for v3.0 is under the hood to prepare it for the future and future features.

I will not provide beta version of 3.0 under the normal automatic beta upgrade process. Since some of the changes that are coming are breaking change for the settings and in the beginning it will not be able to upgrade the configuration automatically.

So instead I will provide links here to betas of the portable version. (Only portable, so that is does not changes any settings for the normal version)
So when the alphas/beta are starting to come out. Please test them and let me know if there are any problems.

Mauro72

• View Profile
Re: Multi Commander v3.0
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 23:24:05 »
"* Some resources like icons (and some other ) will be moved out of MultiCommander.exe and places in resource dll. This will for example allow users to easier customize and replace all the icons if they wish."

Great feature Mathias!!!