Author Topic: Delete Dialog and Shell Context Questions  (Read 7768 times)

Triton

• View Profile
Delete Dialog and Shell Context Questions
« on: February 03, 2013, 22:39:00 »
I have looked through the docs and this forum, but I haven't been able to find the answer to these two questions.

1. Is it possible to turn off the delete dialog that appears when deleting files/folders? I don't want to be asked what options to use when deleting each and every time.

2. Is it possible to map a key to open the shell context menu? I know how to map a mouse click to open the shell context menu. However, I would like to use my keyboard to open the shell context menu. My keyboard is a compact type, so it does not have a shell context menu key like some keyboards have.

Thanks in advance.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Delete Dialog and Shell Context Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 15:17:21 »
I have looked through the docs and this forum, but I haven't been able to find the answer to these two questions.

1. Is it possible to turn off the delete dialog that appears when deleting files/folders? I don't want to be asked what options to use when deleting each and every time.

2. Is it possible to map a key to open the shell context menu? I know how to map a mouse click to open the shell context menu. However, I would like to use my keyboard to open the shell context menu. My keyboard is a compact type, so it does not have a shell context menu key like some keyboards have.

Thanks in advance.
1. No it was to dangerous and too many accidental files got deleted by users so that option was removed. But I plan on maybe adding it again, but only for deleting to recycle bin. (Like Windows 8) . I might add a option to turn it off completely for permanent delete, But that option will not be exposed in settings. you will have to add that to the settings files manually. 

2. The Context Menu button on the keyboard work. But if you are missing that key. like you are then you are out of luck. Maybe it is possible to remap that key to another key with some program.. But that would be system wide and not only in MC. I will see if it might be possible to add so that command can be customized.