Author Topic: advices  (Read 1252 times)

davidp88

• View Profile
advices
« on: February 23, 2024, 15:08:36 »
1.Think completely and work and that thinking should be done at once,do like this when writing also ,as little thinking causes mistakes.

2.think of each bit of how it can be improved but don't add useless and unnecessary features

3.Increase patience

4.do important work first

5.If u can't reproduce a bug normally then test thoroughly and try to reproduce for 2,3 times.

6.As far as possible try to reproduce bugs in win10 64bit as most of the users in the world use win10

Make this read by all of your developers or else mistakes will happen.If they completely think and work then bugs will be properly fixed

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: advices
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 23:59:33 »
Don't understand what you want to say? You got some specific issue ?

Important work is done first. But whats important for you might be different from what is important for another. Also my time is limited so I do prioritize what to work on.

Reproducing bug are a real pain and very hard because of many reason. First. It is very very hard to get a good bug report and description of what is happening, what they did and so on.  And also most people do not even report the bug. Then how do you expect it to get fixed. Just because something does not work for you. Does not mean it the same for everybody else.  Most likely it works for them.
The problem with Windows is that not two machines are a like, All peoples setup are different.
Version of Windows is very very very rarely and cause of a bug. It is very rare that somethings works in Win7 but fails on Win10.
Many issues are because of conflict is with other strange software installed (Specially ShellExtensions (the biggest mess in Windows and the cause of most crashes on Windows) or other software that hook them self in deep in Windows).
Or with strange tweaks into Windows. (Like disabling swap, This is a cause of many crashes..)

"your developers" Hmm there are no developers.. Only me and my spare time.

davidp88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 10:37:51 »
also make the app look very beautiful with beautiful icons,beautiful looking breadcrumb bar and so on

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 12:12:09 »
Like disabling swap, This is a cause of many crashes..
I always disable the swap file...

I guess dacidp88 is a chatbot.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024, 18:42:28 »
Like disabling swap, This is a cause of many crashes..
I always disable the swap file...

I guess dacidp88 is a chatbot.
Then I hope you at least have 20% free memory at all the time. :) Without a swap Windows cannot move stuff around in memory to free up large chunks if a program request a larger size of memory.. then you can cause a crash becuse of no memory even if you got several gigs free.. just becuse it did not find a large enough block free.  Also windows cannot use memory for caching as much.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 18:45:13 by Mathias (Author) »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2024, 17:23:33 »
Then I hope you at least have 20% free memory at all the time. :) Without a swap Windows cannot move stuff around in memory to free up large chunks if a program request a larger size of memory.. then you can cause a crash becuse of no memory even if you got several gigs free.. just becuse it did not find a large enough block free.  Also windows cannot use memory for caching as much.
I currently have 32 GB of RAM and only need that much RAM when I use a RAMDisk. A swap file just tortures the SSD. At the next system upgrade, I will upgrade to 64 GB of RAM.