Author Topic: Cannot Goto Lengthy FilePaths in Button Panel (Works in CommandBar Directly)  (Read 20 times)

total_annihilation00

• Tech Savant\ Envisioneering
    • View Profile
There's a bug in MC when opening a really lengthy path with a huge-length filename via the Button Panel. I mean I can access "D:\Download\DL Dir\pendrive\web content\cyberpunk ebooks\backups\USB\Computer Graphics\" directly but not via the Button Panel, it also contains a filename which is really long: "Mathematics for Computer Graphics and Game Programming A Self-Teaching Introduction (D. P. Kothari, G. Awari, D. Shrimankar etc.) (z-lib.org).pdf" so that might also be contributing towards it ! Can you fix it so that MC "Command Type > External" "MC.Explorer.Goto SOURCE="D:\Download\DL Dir\pendrive\web content\cyberpunk ebooks\backups\USB\Computer Graphics\" long paths like this can be accessed again ?! I get the error "Failed to launch program | The system cannot find the file specified."
« Last Edit: Today at 04:39:42 by total_annihilation00 »
~The World's Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
That path is actually not extra long, it is less then 260 characters..
BUT I think you are using the wrong command type.
you are using say you use "external" type of command.. And then you use "MC.Explorer.Goto" that is for custom commands..  External is if you want to run a external program. the entire command is to Windows to launch it.
So then you cannot use any MC specific commands link MC.Exporer.Goto and such.

So if you change type to "Custom commands" instead it should work
Or if you want it to run an external program. then just have the path there without the MC.Explorer.Goto.. then Windows will start the .pdf with the program associated with pdf

total_annihilation00

• Tech Savant\ Envisioneering
    • View Profile
That path is actually not extra long, it is less then 260 characters..
BUT I think you are using the wrong command type.
you are using say you use "external" type of command.. And then you use "MC.Explorer.Goto" that is for custom commands..  External is if you want to run a external program. the entire command is to Windows to launch it.
So then you cannot use any MC specific commands link MC.Exporer.Goto and such.

So if you change type to "Custom commands" instead it should work
Or if you want it to run an external program. then just have the path there without the MC.Explorer.Goto.. then Windows will start the .pdf with the program associated with pdf

Oh wow, it's working now ! I just wanted it to Goto that folder, I don't know why it wasn't working before —& yeah I meant Button Editor's "Custom Commands", not "External." Anyway I re-entered it & it works, thanks !  ;D
« Last Edit: Today at 07:53:57 by total_annihilation00 »
~The World's Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~