Author Topic: One Drive: Why Automatic Download of whole folder by opening a folder?  (Read 15 times)

Malleus

• View Profile
Hi all,
perhaps anybody can help me:
- I'm using One Drive a lot for backup scenarios
- Many folders are in sync with my local hard drive, but the files are only "visible" without being available , there are still in the cloud 
- ( folder option: free used storage)
  -> Only the cloud icon is shown in the MS file explorer ( if you download the file, you will see a green checkmark icon)
- If I now want to move some files into this cloud folder, MultiCommander is trying to download "all the files from the cloud". I'll get a message from Windows: "An App is downloading a file, do you want to cancel "this" file download or block the App.
- So, I have to cancel all file downloads manually or block the App
- But if I block the APP I can't unblock multi commander again. It wont be in the list of the corresponding Windows Setting Screen.
- If I want to open any of these file in the cloud, it won't work anymore. I have to deinstall mc completely and install it again.

So, my question is: Is it possible to stop multi commander to download "all" file in a One Drive folder?
Using Windows File Explorer if I click on a file (which hasn't been downloaded already) to open it, the file will be download first automatically.

A lot of text :-(  Hope it's clear what my problem is.

I want to use multicommander with my One Drive folders, I don't want to download all the files in a folder only by opening this folder in multi commander.

Thanks a lot for all your help/advices.

Frank

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Im not able to recreate that. If I access a file from onedrive folder that is a only a placeholder folder (fake file that is not synced to local) then Windows will download that file and MC can then access it. That file and not all others.
I have not seen that ALL files is getting download if you only try to access one of them.  I'm not able to recreate that scenario.

Can you create a step by step description on how to trigger it ?