Author Topic: Multi Commander SDK BETA  (Read 173035 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Multi Commander SDK BETA
« on: August 10, 2013, 16:20:20 »
The SDK BETA is now public.

It can be used to create Extensions/Plugins for Multi Commander.
There are samples for Tools Extension, Extending MultiScript, FileSystem Plugin (Stream mode) and FileSystem plugin (Internal mode)

Also there is no documentation, (Sorry It takes to much time to write and I do not have that time right now)
but the SDK header files and Samples are well commented. If you have any questions then post them here in the forum or send a mail to me directly for you prefer that, I and will try to answer them.

Requirements
You will need to have knowledge of C++ to use the SDK. The included samples needs at least Visual Studio 2013 with Update 3.
(VS2013 Express Desktop Edition should work.)

SDK Download
Download SDK ( v1.69 )

If you have any Question, Suggestion , Tips, Bugs for the SDK please leave a new post here in the SDK part of the forum.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 12:25:08 by Mathias (Author) »

Aaron

• View Profile
Develop in C#
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 13:08:03 »
Hello,

thanks for this great program, I use it every day!

Is there a way to implement a custom plugin using .net (c#)? I'm not a C++ developer but I have a few ideas for plugins that are special to my case. Could a .net DLL be simply wrapped with a C library? I would think that I'm not the only programmer who is not fluent with C++ and is looking for an alternative.

regards and best wishes,
Aaron

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Multi Commander SDK BETA
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 11:31:40 »
Hello,

thanks for this great program, I use it every day!

Is there a way to implement a custom plugin using .net (c#)? I'm not a C++ developer but I have a few ideas for plugins that are special to my case. Could a .net DLL be simply wrapped with a C library? I would think that I'm not the only programmer who is not fluent with C++ and is looking for an alternative.

regards and best wishes,
Aaron
Oh I did not see this post

No C# is currently not support. I'm thinking about adding a way to bridge over to dotNet. But have not had the time. It is possible by using C++CLI
All paramters are simple C type so it should be possible to wrap.
It should also be possible to wrap it in a c library

amather

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 10:41:55 »
We used SWIG to generate Java, C# and I do not remember which script language interface from our C/C++ interface. Please check: newbielink:http://www.swig.org/ [nonactive]
It uses JNI and generates the wrappers for Java, it is possible to generate the whole class structure of course... I think (do not remember) it is useful to generate C# wrappers too.

Mastergamer433

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 18:43:45 »
Cant i use VSCode?