Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hmm a Script/CustomCommand function for open new tab exits. but it does not check if a similar path already exists..  But interesting.
Some tab script function is already planed. I will see If I can add something this too
Script / Open a named Explorer Panel Tab only if that tab does not exist
« Last post by baelmus on March 15, 2018, 17:46:41 »
First I'd like to say how awesome MultiCommander is and how much it has improved my day to day efficiency!

Searched the forums and couldn't find anything like this so I'm looking for some help. I want to set up a button in the button panel that will open a new tab to a specific UNC path, but I only want it to create the tab if it is not already open (no need to create unnecessary/duplicate tabs :) ).

Looking through the script docs, I don't see a way to get all open tabs in all panels or a given panel, and check the properties of the tabs to get things like:
  • Panel the tab is open on
  • Index of tab on that panel
  • Name of tab
  • Etc.

Is this currently possible with the existing script engine and I am just missing something?

Thank you for taking the time to read! Hopefully I'm just missing something!
Support and Feedback / Is Right drag supported?
« Last post by Geobomatic on March 14, 2018, 15:51:45 »
With TortoiseSVN, we can right drag files and folders in order to pop a menu on release in order to SVN move files around a repository. It seems that we can't right drag with MC or am I missing something?

Support and Feedback / Re: Jump to Root
« Last post by Ulfhednar on March 12, 2018, 14:40:25 »
Thanks Mathias, I guessed it was probably Win10 & not MC.

I am the only user, my a/c is the passworded <name>/admin a/c.  I have not allowed any other guest etc a/c's. 
Booting without password doesn't give me/anyone full access. 
'Users' group has zero permissions.

So I have full permissions, but programs installed & run by me in this single environment might not....  ::) Not logical or helpful. 

In the example of Handbrake & MC (both running in an admin environment but not admin mode) I can load a file using the 'open source' (browse) dialog, but not drag n drop.  Only possible when MC is in Admin mode.  ??? :o

I think M$ needs to streamline this muddled, contradictory & illogical behavior.  >:(
Full admin control is potentially dangerous but as sole user that should be my call.

Anyway I will keep poking about & see if there is some buried switch that I can use to improve this situation.
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on March 12, 2018, 10:20:02 »
MC do not have much control over the context menu. MC get the context menu items from Windows.
Might be that some shell extension are only registered for normal users. so maybe that is why they do not show up when running as admin.

Yes logging in as Administrator is disbaled for a reason. It really bad, Try a normal account with admin permission.
I notice some things do not work on administrator account since they are running in different contexts. Problably becuse of some security reasons.
Might be able to unlock everything in group policy.

You can not drag and drop from a program running in with low permissions to one that is running with high permissions (as admin), it is a security thing in Windows.
« Last post by Ulfhednar on March 11, 2018, 14:59:31 »
The 'back' movement process is behaving now, but I have discovered something about my context menu omissions.
In Win10 Pro x64 if MC is run as Admin a lot of context menu items (3rd party shell exts) disappear, when MC is not run with admin permission they appear as they do when I run win explorer.   ??? :-\

I am logged into Win as admin but Win10 still messes about with permissions so I generally need to run MC as admin.
Eg I cannot drag & drop a file into Handbrake from MC if not in Admin mode.
Any ideas how I can get these things to work at the same time Mathias? (ie all context menu items & full permissions for MC.)
Support and Feedback / Re: Internal Picture Viewer background
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on March 10, 2018, 20:00:29 »
right click in in and go to Options
Support and Feedback / On Win10 Shutdown, MC prevent the shutdown
« Last post by Geobomatic on March 10, 2018, 11:38:23 »
On Windows Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299 (Fall creator update) when MC is running and I'm shutting down the computer, MC prevent windows to complete the operation. Before Fall creator update, MC was force closed I think as it didn't save the session, but I could live with it. Now it prevent the computer to shutdown and I have to force close it manually.
To change the folder in the explorer panel I normally must click on the folder name to change it. Is it possible to click on any part of the line for the same action?
Feature Requests and Suggestions / Drive list automatically switch to two lines
« Last post by Migo on March 10, 2018, 10:54:12 »

Is it possible to switch the drive list to two lines if the explorer panel ist shrinking? See attachment for example.
We use many letters in our network - so if MC is reduced in size I can't see all network letters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10