Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Support and Feedback / Re: 3 Screens (panels)
« Last post by wynford on Yesterday at 16:40:51 »
Tried it, didn't like it, missing a lot of features MC has
Support and Feedback / Re: MC does not remember Window Position/Size
« Last post by kasu64 on Yesterday at 11:08:05 »
I noticed this anomaly:

Suppose I rip a series of DVDs with WinX DVD Ripper.
To do this, I open MC which displays the open panels, let's say A and B.

To rip my DVDs, I change panels for example to C and D,
I run WinX DVD Ripper to extract a whole series of videos from my DVD,
and I ask Win DVD Ripper to turn off my Computer once its task is finished
because I have to be away...

When I return, or the next day, when I turn my computer back on,
when I open MC it does so with panels A and B and not C and D.
because MC was closed with the computer and not by leaving MC...

To overcome this malfunction, while ripping my DVD, I close MC and reopen it...
and the problem is solved.

Hoping to have been useful to Mathias and everyone.
Support and Feedback / Re: 3 Screens (panels)
« Last post by kasu64 on Yesterday at 10:49:10 »
Ihave in the last past used Q-Dir (four panels) before Multi Commander (which is my prefered)...
Beta Releases / Re: v14.2 BETA
« Last post by Lukasz S. on September 19, 2024, 22:16:00 »
ADDED - Tab-area will now show a folder icon if tabs in tabarea is full, When clicking on icon a popup list is shown with all tabs

When tab area is not full, folder icon is not shown, but clicking its "empty" place still invokes pop-up menu

Maybe better is to show folder icon all the time? It will be an alternative way to switch the tabs :-)

PS.
If I remember well I proposed Mathias such feature in the past :-)
Support and Feedback / Re: Multicommander crash at startup
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on September 19, 2024, 21:22:48 »
Yes looks like something is blocking the access and just dropping the connect
I tried to delete a backup of my smartphone today and realized that it didn't work because files had a long path or file name.

And the first non-admin instance with which I initially tried froze after I renamed the files with a second instance started as admin and then deleted them. Before renaming, deleting didn't work with the instance started as admin either.
see attached
That doesn't do it.

It is set to "Do not follow link (Recommended)" and it still calculates size for links.

I reverted to version 14.1 - that works correctly.
14.2 does not.
« Last post by asimovfr on September 18, 2024, 10:42:53 »
Tested using the MultiUpdate.exe file  (from the 13.5 directory, to ensure there is an update to be done).

No crash report ID is shown

Unfortunately, the log is quite useless...

Code: [Select]
Updating Multi Commander Located in : "C:\Users\[my name]\Downloads\MultiCommander_x64_Portable_13.5.0.2983"
=============================================================
You are running on a 64 bit platform.
==================================================
Make sure you do not already have Multi Commander running.
==================================================
Press start to begin update process.

Checking if newer version exists.
Downloading : http://multicommander.com/updates/version.xml

As for the windows event viewer entry, it's quite as useless. It's logged, but I can't see anything relevant, no dump file or anything.

My company has setup a new security agent lately. Name is SentinelOne. I'm quite sure this is related.

And I don't have any admin rights on my laptop, so any further investigation would be quite difficult to me.

Anyway, since I'm able to run the main app again, I'm fine with that anyway. As long as this new agent does not consider the whole MC package as suspicious or something  ::)

Thanks for your help.
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on September 18, 2024, 09:32:23 »
Guess that the company also blocked so that not crash report was sent ?

Sorry, I'm not sure here. Do you mean you SHOULD have received some automatic report ? Or are you talking about the standard windows application crash reports ?

Anyway, if you want me to send you something I can replicate the issue with the brand new portable packages I downloaded...

I may also want to ask you : about the future updates, since I have to deal with them manually from now on... is there a way I can setup them without losing all my customized settings : keyboard bindings, recorded sessions, etc ???

No.. Normally when MC crashes it sends a crash report and shows a dialog with a crashId. If you did not get this. not crash report was sent..
If it was and I have the CrashId. I can manually check the crash report and I can often we why it crashed

If running the MultiUpdat tool. if you enable show info checkbox.. You see the file it download. download that maually. and in MultiTool and in settings you can select to update from file.
But full installer should not overwrite settings. all settings are in user folder..  the installer should not touch them. (You can backup them first from Help menu just in case..)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10