Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Hi Mathias - some feedback for you.

Build 2983 seems to have fixed the race condition causing custom key bindings to be lost.  Tested for nearly two months now.

Thanks.
Support and Feedback / Issue with search in MultiDataViewer
« Last post by Jungle on March 14, 2024, 14:12:21 »
I have a txt-file with mixed cyrillic/english text in ANSI encoding. In MDV if I search for cyrillic word, nothing is found. Case dosen't matter. I basically copy some cyrillic text, paste it in the Find field, press Enter and get "No more found". Search for english text works OK.

If I open this file in Windows Notepad, search for cyrillic text works fine. If in Notepad I save this file as UTF-8 or UTF-16, then in MultiDataViewer search works, but only if case matches, so e.g. search for "станислав" can't find "Станислав" even with disabled [Match case] option.
Support and Feedback / Re: description in column
« Last post by Babilon55 on March 08, 2024, 19:53:39 »
Hi.
check if when I open a new folder there will be an option to type in ant description on the content of the folder. I think it will be very helpful.
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on March 04, 2024, 10:38:51 »
Hi.
is there an option that I can add some text in one of the columns?
If it possible I want the usual columns and one that I can add text so the folder name will stay just a number.
I try to avoid this : "31001 - IEC" . I want to have a column for the folder name "31001" and a column for some text "XXXXXX" .
It will make the sorting easier.

So a column that will show the text from another column but only some specified subpart from it ?, No that is not possible
But might work in the future. I have some ide about a column that gets the content to show from a MultiScript. then you can create very custom strange columns
« Last post by Babilon55 on March 04, 2024, 08:31:09 »
Hi.
is there an option that I can add some text in one of the columns?
If it possible I want the usual columns and one that I can add text so the folder name will stay just a number.
I try to avoid this : "31001 - IEC" . I want to have a column for the folder name "31001" and a column for some text "XXXXXX" .
It will make the sorting easier.
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on March 03, 2024, 21:44:41 »
'Company' and some other meta data is only valid for .dlls and .exe files.
Support and Feedback / description in column
« Last post by Babilon55 on March 03, 2024, 14:46:18 »
Hi.

I see that there is an option to input some description in one of the columns (name of company for instance).
How can it be done? when I open a new folder I don't see any option to reach that field. (see photo)
User Contributed Content / Re: ULTIMATE FILE MANAGER
« Last post by Pawel on February 29, 2024, 21:21:50 »
29 of February, 2024
Ultimate File Manager 11.4 is ready for download!

Ultimate File Manager 11.4 is a release that brings bug fixes and component updates. This release is a major release that must be installed after uninstalling the older version (a so-called clean install). This is due to global changes in the project.

The most important change is UFM Shell Manager update. UFM Shell Manager app is a part of Ultimate File Manager project. It allows you to Open (F3 key) or Edit (F4 key) files with a specific extension (file type) in the selected application (previously defined by the user). You can also open files/directories using Windows Shell (Files Explorer) with UFM Shell Extension Library.

DOWNLOAD UFM | DOWNLOAD UFM MEGAPack

UFM Information | UFM Statistics

Give it a try! Enjoy! If you see any problem or have a sugesion, please report it.
Dont forget to make a donation. Thanks!

Ps: Big thanks to Mathias, for developing Multi Commander - the best freeware File Manager all over the world!
-Pawel
1. Move some tab to the opposite panel
2. Press Tab key

Result: Focus doesn't move to the opposite panel. Moreover, if the preeceding panel was not previously opened it is opened empty (see gif)

3. Click mouse in the opposite panel to activate it
4. Press Tab again

Result: the opposite panel is activated but no file/folder is not focused. This only seems to work on fresh MC start.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10