Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
I tried to create a shortcut to MC on the desktop and input:
"C:\Program Files\MultiCommander (x64)\MultiCommander.exe" -AutoRun=Core.1206

It doesn't work.

It does work, but you have to create a User Defined Command. So you go to Configuration > User Defined Commands, create a command named e.g. AutorunCmd:

Code: [Select]
Command type = Internal Commands
Module = Multicommander (Base)
Command = Full Pane width

Then in the shortcut params specify -AutoRun=AutorunCmd

EDIT. You may also create UDC of type MultiScript:
MC.RunCmd ID="Core.1206"
The split size is not save if you totally or almost hide one of the panels.

I tried to create a shortcut to MC on the desktop and input:
"C:\Program Files\MultiCommander (x64)\MultiCommander.exe" -AutoRun=Core.1206

Core.1206 is the Command code for "View - Full pane width". I hoped that it would be possible to execute a MC command to get a full pane startup layout without pressing CTRL+F11. It doesn't work. This could be useful and probably it is already possible but I don't know how to do it.
Feature Requests and Suggestions / Folder Tree Suggestions
« Last post by Ludde on Yesterday at 23:28:08 »
Hello, I just found this impressing software. I'm a keyboard user and do not want to use the mouse unless when I really need to. I also like to use both the Tree and the Explorer panel at the same time. Using a smaller laptop without a numpad I redefined Caps-Lock to Numpad / to be able to switch beetwwen the tree and the list. It works fine but it would really be nice to have the possibility to use some of the most important shortcuts when using an Explorer replacement program. I'm talking about Delete, CTRL+C, CTRL+X, CTRL+V and the Context Menu button. I understand that the main focus is the Explorer panel but Implementing this behaviour as a configuration option would be really nice and making Windows Explorer obsolete.

Nothing happens (at least for me) when pressing the Context Menu button in the Tree. You could argue that the user could be confused with if the context is the folder in the Tree or an item in the list. To help the user distinguish between these two alternatives the current context could be shown at the top of the Context Menu. I believe that MC have full control of the menu content. The same "confusion" could occur with the other keys (I personally think though that if you have set this behaviour it would be expected). Helping the user identify Clipboard content, the program could show what is put in the Clipboard on the status line. Shown there for about X seconds. I know that the Clipboard buffer can contain an "unlimited" amount of data but some "clipped" text or other info could be used.

I have been doing more tests and I have discovered that it fails by doing the following:
- Copies and movements using drag&drop within the same panel.
- Copy and move using CRTL-C & CRTL-V
These two fail quite often.

Copies and movements between different panels only fail using drag&drop.
I cannot recreate any issue with drag and drop copy.  What are special with how you do it? Something that are unique for you system.  ?
Do you drag from special device and drop on other special. ? Is it just from normal file on disk to another folder on another drive?
Support and Feedback / Re: Crashed when moving files on the same panel
« Last post by killo on Yesterday at 10:01:17 »
I have been doing more tests and I have discovered that it fails by doing the following:
- Copies and movements using drag&drop within the same panel.
- Copy and move using CRTL-C & CRTL-V
These two fail quite often.

Copies and movements between different panels only fail using drag&drop.
Beta Releases / Re: Copy to zip: skip all doesn't work.
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on Yesterday at 07:44:14 »
This post is moved to Beta Version section
Since it is about the auto handing of error, and that had major changes in the Beta..

Yes Zip and some other extension do not support the new error handing yet.
Support and Feedback / Re: Delete zip (after begin scanned) bug?
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on Yesterday at 07:39:46 »
The situation you describe is very unspecific.
What is long time..  What is "many files" in it..  100 ? 1000 ? 10000 ? 3 Million ?

When the zip files is deleted, MC will cleanup its internal representation of it. And if your browsed into it. All of that are cached, So if it is millions of objects that should be cleanedup, it can take a little bit of time.
Beta Releases / Re: v14.0 BETA
« Last post by User_99 on April 14, 2024, 08:12:41 »
Work in progress ;)

@translation: ok, thx
Beta Releases / Re: v14.0 BETA
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on April 13, 2024, 23:49:50 »
Thx for the new beta!

Nice feature for "File Operation Error Handing"

Miss some strings for translation. Still wip, or do I miss something?
Still beta so strings are not finalized, so not translatable yet

"still wip" ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10