Author Topic: Save locked Tabs  (Read 8068 times)

banta

• View Profile
Save locked Tabs
« on: October 17, 2013, 08:23:04 »
Hello community

First off: LOVE my MC. Best product ever. Thank you SOO much.

Quick question: I've got a number of Tabs (4) that I've locked. Is it possible to save exactly those Tabs, and have this configuration open as my default Tabs every time I start my MC? You see, right now it's saving all the tabs that I have when I exit MC, but I don't want all of these Tabs to open next time. I just want a small set of locked Tabs. Always the same set. I kind of want MC to refresh to my standard set of tabs that I've configured.

I've found the setting "Save Path on Exit" in the "Explorer Panel Settings". Disabling this seemed the right idea. And indeed - MC opens up with just my 4 locked tabs. BUT, the tabs always open up in C:/ and not my desired folder. So basically it seems I can save the number of locked tabs for every MC start, but the correct paths don't get loaded.

Am I making sense? :)

Thanks Regards

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Save locked Tabs
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:37:10 »
There two way.

1. Open tabs by script and autorun a script on start
or
2. Or edit the Multi Commander shortcut and add command line parameter to a startup file where the tabs are defined
http://multicommander.com/docs/commandlineparameters

MultiCommander.exe -F Startup.ini

banta

• View Profile
Re: Save locked Tabs
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 14:41:27 »
Mathias

The startup.ini trick was exactly what I was looking for. Worked like a charm. I seriously couldn't live without MC. Thank you so much for your product and your support.