Author Topic: variable and relative paths  (Read 10029 times)

Bithur

• View Profile
variable and relative paths
« on: October 18, 2013, 13:46:26 »
I have to say I like Multi commander :) Thanks for sharing it!

But there are a few things I'd like to be able to do:
-Using environement variables as paths and bookmarks (%USERPROFILE%, %WINDIR%, etc) as I use it a lot as portable
-->Already exists, my bad :) -I'd like some sort of relative path to easily find things on USB stick and use as bookmark. let's say Multi Commander is on my USB stick in E:\MC folder and I want to be able to bookmark E:\Cleaning\spywares\ and use it even if i plug it on another computer on F: (sort of \..\Cleaning\spywares\ path relative to MultiCommander.exe).
- Add the "R" button (for relative path) in bookmarks

Thanks for thinking about it :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 16:32:58 by Bithur »

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: variable and relative paths
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 14:55:36 »
-I'd like some sort of relative path to easily find things on USB stick and use as bookmark. let's say Multi Commander is on my USB stick in E:\MC folder and I want to be able to bookmark E:\Cleaning\spywares\ and use it even if i plug it on another computer on F: (sort of \..\Cleaning\spywares\ path relative to MultiCommander.exe).
Actually you can. E.g. quicklaunch bar items support relative paths. I.e. you can drag program to the QL bar, then customize it and use [R] button at the right of the program path.
You may also use ${mcpath} tag.
Internal file associations also support relative paths.

Bithur

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 15:18:58 »
Thx!! It's working as path in bookmarks too. This will make my work easier!!
btw, can I create a folder/container for quicklaunch? (sort of menu with shortcuts)

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 15:28:56 »
btw, can I create a folder/container for quicklaunch? (sort of menu with shortcuts)
There's no quick way. But you may create custom commands which will launch your progs, then compose menu via Configuration>Menu Customization.

Bithur

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 16:23:07 »
Thx Jungle, I'll check this.
I think there's a way to use environment variables in bookmarks because desktop, my docs and downloads are in Favorites but the path is the real path (C:\Users\XYZ\Desktop) not the %UserProfile%\Desktop.
It keeps the 1st run path, so if u plug it to another computer or change user, it won't open the good folder (or won't do anything at all).
This should be fixed imho.