Author Topic: File search on-fly + "busy" cursor problem  (Read 9740 times)

Kreator

• View Profile
File search on-fly + "busy" cursor problem
« on: October 28, 2013, 07:05:50 »
Hello.
I continue using MC, I like it. Now I see 2 more problems:
  • Sometimes my cursor begins to change to "busy" state and back. It changes ~2 times per second and stops only after restart MC. It only changes when mouse is above MC window. It doesn't зкумуте MC to work correctly, but it's very annoying.
  • When I want to focus some file in a forlder with a paticular name in russian, I type it letter by letter. When it's lowercase - all works OK. But when the first letter is uppercase, the search doesn't work. I have to press Shift+1st letter first, more above, I have to do it twice for some reason. E.g.: to search Мопед.xls I need to press Shift+М, +М, о, п... It seems to me that this is not the right way of action.
Thank you.

MC v 3.5.1.1530 64bit, Win7x64
Save our fragile planet!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: File search on-fly + "busy" cursor problem
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 07:41:07 »
Hello.
I continue using MC, I like it. Now I see 2 more problems:
  • Sometimes my cursor begins to change to "busy" state and back. It changes ~2 times per second and stops only after restart MC. It only changes when mouse is above MC window. It doesn't зкумуте MC to work correctly, but it's very annoying.
  • When I want to focus some file in a forlder with a paticular name in russian, I type it letter by letter. When it's lowercase - all works OK. But when the first letter is uppercase, the search doesn't work. I have to press Shift+1st letter first, more above, I have to do it twice for some reason. E.g.: to search Мопед.xls I need to press Shift+М, +М, о, п... It seems to me that this is not the right way of action.
Thank you.

MC v 3.5.1.1530 64bit, Win7x64

1. Strange. I never seen that and I have no idea on why that is happening. Maybe something you do in MC make it happen. Question is want that is.

2. Kind of depending on what settings for quick search you have..
   But Quick Search without a search field (popup input window) will not work 100% for all special characters. Fixing it for some situation will break it for some other.
   Enabling so that quick search show the popup search field works better, since the search field can accept special characters.

Kreator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:09:22 »
  • Nothing special: open folders and files, creating and closing tabs. Couldn't reproduce it. Is there some kind of log to know what happens?
  • I use QSearch with popup box. But why are uppercase Russian letters so special? This problem exists in many programs :(. MC just doesn't want to understand that М=м.
Save our fragile planet!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 08:28:00 »
  • Nothing special: open folders and files, creating and closing tabs. Couldn't reproduce it. Is there some kind of log to know what happens?
  • I use QSearch with popup box. But why are uppercase Russian letters so special? This problem exists in many programs :(. MC just doesn't want to understand that М=м.
1. There is no logging that are that detailed. Maybe the filesystem is updated all the time so MC is refreshing it self ?
2. Russian M is not the same a Latin M. They look the same but have totally different character values.

Kreator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 08:31:06 »
  • OK. I'll try to notice, when it starts.
  • Of course, it is not. But I meant lower- and uppercase Russian M. Why doesn't it understand they are same?
Save our fragile planet!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 09:04:15 »
2. Looks like the Subsystem in Windows when converting to lowercase does not convert russian M = m correct, Not sure why.. So the search becomes case sensitive.