Author Topic: Filter activate/disable button  (Read 10026 times)

zoltan

• View Profile
Filter activate/disable button
« on: November 07, 2013, 09:06:44 »
Hi,

Thanks for this useful piece of software, I've been waiting a long time for something like this. Before, I had to use several file manager programs.
I miss one thing though (from my previous 'arsenal') :
    - could it be possible to place a disable/enable toggle button right next to the view filter at low right corner of the panels ?. There are occasions when it is very useful to handle the activation/deactivation of the current filter very quickly. I know, it can be done with the keyboard by deleting the filter, but with the mouse would be much more fast.  Right now, this missing feature is preventing me to drop all other file managers.
I'm also attaching an image, which would illustrate what I'm thinking of.
Thanks!

Regards,
Zoltan

GrantSP

• View Profile
Re: Filter activate/disable button
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 01:35:47 »
You can set up a button on the bottom panel to do something like what you want.

Define it to select a file pattern and another to show all files. I was trying to write one with a toggle feature a while back, but gave up after a few attempts. Maybe that can be done also now.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 18:40:13 »
Hi,

Thanks for this useful piece of software, I've been waiting a long time for something like this. Before, I had to use several file manager programs.
I miss one thing though (from my previous 'arsenal') :
    - could it be possible to place a disable/enable toggle button right next to the view filter at low right corner of the panels ?. There are occasions when it is very useful to handle the activation/deactivation of the current filter very quickly. I know, it can be done with the keyboard by deleting the filter, but with the mouse would be much more fast.  Right now, this missing feature is preventing me to drop all other file managers.
I'm also attaching an image, which would illustrate what I'm thinking of.
Thanks!

Regards,
Zoltan

Something similar to that is planed and is coming.

zoltan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 10:12:14 »
Hi Mathias,

Just upgraded to v4.0 and I've seen the 'Show view filters' button, thanks for that, it is useful just as it is.
I've also seen that in the change log you mention "View Filters can be customized" as an added feature. How can it be customized exactly?
Can I set it, for example, when I press the "Show View Filter" button not to reset the filter input content to *.* , but just show the files accordingly to *.* filter and signal somewhere (near the filter input field or button) that the filter in the input filter is not active right now ?  If not, could it be considered as a future feature request ?
In other words, what I mean is a toggle functionality for this new button.
Thanks

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 10:19:29 »
Hi Mathias,

Just upgraded to v4.0 and I've seen the 'Show view filters' button, thanks for that, it is useful just as it is.
I've also seen that in the change log you mention "View Filters can be customized" as an added feature. How can it be customized exactly?
Can I set it, for example, when I press the "Show View Filter" button not to reset the filter input content to *.* , but just show the files accordingly to *.* filter and signal somewhere (near the filter input field or button) that the filter in the input filter is not active right now ?  If not, could it be considered as a future feature request ?
In other words, what I mean is a toggle functionality for this new button.
Thanks
You can customize some of the filters in the list by selecting the "Customize..." option.
No you cannot change the click action of the button.. Click will reset the filter.

zoltan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 08:42:31 »
Hi,

Now, (with version 4.1) I have to declare myself satisfied.
I can move now fully to Multi Commander.

Thank you very much!