Author Topic: Readability  (Read 9486 times)

Cranky

• View Profile
Readability
« on: November 10, 2013, 01:49:29 »
I'm experimenting with Multi Commander as a replacement for Norton Commander- which I've used since the DOS days. I'm running on Windows XP with a  very large monitor. I have minor vision problems - but I'm ok with most things including NC.

I'm finding Multi Commander very hard to use - I can't see a lot of things, I've changed the background on the active file list to light yellow and that helps, but a larger font size would really be good.

Most configuration screens have a font size a bit too small.

Are there any suggestions on dealing with this?

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Readability
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 11:29:04 »
Not sure if you can entirely change the internal font (yet) the /explorer panel settings -> display -> fonts/ doesn't do it?
There is always a magnifier option
http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/
I use grid & colours to improve visibility on the main panels at hi res as I use a smallish font (8pt).

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 18:45:03 »
MC support high DPI settings in windows so if the DPI in windows are change the fonts are increased in MC.

you can also change the font under Menu > Configuration > Explorer Panel
And the "Filelist" font is also used for the settings panels and Search is also using this font.

Cranky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 00:10:17 »
I"ll try again - I tried both of these yesterday and they had no effect, even after a restart.

MC support high DPI settings in windows so if the DPI in windows are change the fonts are increased in MC.

you can also change the font under Menu > Configuration > Explorer Panel
And the "Filelist" font is also used for the settings panels and Search is also using this font.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 06:50:42 »
I"ll try again - I tried both of these yesterday and they had no effect, even after a restart.

That is very strange.. It should work. And no restart is required.. the settings panel may need to be closed and reopened to use the new font. But all explorer panels should change directly.

Cranky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 16:36:28 »
Thanks --- I changed the fonts under explorer again and now its fine, maybe I changed them yesterday and failed to "Save", but I think I would have had to press cancel