Author Topic: Bad directory name delete error  (Read 11926 times)

anon232

• View Profile
Bad directory name delete error
« on: November 17, 2013, 14:34:30 »
I was using a "wise folder hider" to hide a folder and had to recenty format my system.
Now this s/w uses a directory name of "..." to hide the folders which are really difficult to delete.
Can someone help me??
I have attached the screenshots of the directory name and the result of delete operation.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Bad directory name delete error
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 09:52:06 »
I do not know what wise does to name files and folder to "....", since that is not a valid file/folder name. But I guess it installs something in the computer and it hook it self into Windows and override something in windows.

You probably need to use the wise to unhide it.

anon232

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 10:39:39 »
I do not know what wise does to name files and folder to "....", since that is not a valid file/folder name. But I guess it installs something in the computer and it hook it self into Windows and override something in windows.

You probably need to use the wise to unhide it.
Hmm i thought so too even linux distros can't see that directory

GrantSP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 21:55:27 »
This is a quote from the FAQ on that software's help page.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)

What should I pay attention to about my hidden data?
Please be sure you have unhidden all your hidden data before you reinstall your Windows OS, delete partition or format a disk. Also, The hidden data will be lost if your storage media has something wrong(such as File System error, Physical demage).

anon232

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 20:33:26 »
This is a quote from the FAQ on that software's help page.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)

What should I pay attention to about my hidden data?
Please be sure you have unhidden all your hidden data before you reinstall your Windows OS, delete partition or format a disk. Also, The hidden data will be lost if your storage media has something wrong(such as File System error, Physical demage).
Thanks for stating the obvious but you're not helping and moreover that data is absolutely recoverable unless that partition is formatted.

GrantSP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 02:49:51 »
I was not trying to be obtuse. I was merely pointing out you said you formatted your system and are NOW having trouble with that hidden folder.
The problem as I see it is not with how MC views that hidden folder, but how your system sees it.

You appear to asking in the wrong forum for help.

As accomplished as Mathias is, and I have no connections with this software and its creator other than being an avid user, he surely shouldn't be expected to help fix a problem of this kind. What do the creators of that Wise software say?

No offence intended. No sleight on your reasoning is implied.

anon232

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 10:16:03 »
Sorry for the outburst
Anyways the creators of wise folder hider are completely unresponsive