Author Topic: mouse pointer  (Read 10077 times)

Wolfgang Hochweller

• View Profile
mouse pointer
« on: December 01, 2013, 10:56:24 »
After a while the pointer starts to flicker in the multi commander window.
This disappears when I restart the application.
Any hint what the reason could be ?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: mouse pointer
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:31:02 »
I'm not able to recreate that and I do not know why that would happen.

Kreator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 06:12:25 »
Happens to me when I connect/disconnect some USB disk or load/unload virtual disk to daemon tools. Try this.
Save our fragile planet!

GvL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 13:30:20 »
I can confirm this happens when attaching an usb stick (I don't remember this happening in previous versions)

After attaching an usb stick the pointer (only when it's over the Multi Commander window) keeps alternating (flickering) between the normal pointer and the busy circle (see attachments).

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 14:09:55 »
This can happen if two processes is trying to control the mouse pointer at the same time. If some process want the mouse pointer to be a donut one want it to be a pointer. Normally the program in focus/hover decides/control the pointer, but programs that hook them self into Windows can sometimes control the pointer even if another program should be in control.

I have never seen this my self and never been able to recreate it, So it is impossible for me to say why this happening and what process collides with MC.

GvL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 15:03:34 »
Ok Mathias, it's not a big issue, just a bit annoying.

Btw, if I use explorer or Total Commander and attach a USB-stick the mouse pointer does not start flickering.

ice-man

• The Little Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 09:05:10 »
Just because another program also is a file manager does not mean they all work the same.
When two program are in conflict of each other it can be any two programs. Do not be same kind of program.

I had a similar mouse pointer issue with another program (not a filemanager) a while ago. And it turned out to be Norton Internet security that in someway created a conflict. When I turned it off, the mouse pointer did not start to flicker.

Try to close all other running program, and also close as many of the task bar (background) programs too.. And see if the mouse cursor still flickers.
The thing to figure out is what program is in conflict with MC. If that can be found and recreated then maybe some workaround can be implemented.
Intel i7-6700K - Running on latest Windows 10 64bit Insider Preview