Author Topic: Global directory tree and more flat look and feel  (Read 7410 times)

serenitatis

• View Profile
Global directory tree and more flat look and feel
« on: May 30, 2014, 18:05:31 »
Today I installed Multi Commander and enjoyed it. Good developer work, nice combination between good old Commander UI and classic Windows Explorer after few tune up. But for ideal feel I miss one feature. I mean one global directory tree for all panes. I know there are individual directory for every pane, but this is not erogonomic for. Too many screen space goes to nowhere. I read a FAQ but not found any info about that feature. If it doesn't exist hope it come to next versions.

Another idea - make MC more flat to suit Windows 8 theme. I've attached a screenshot with some difference between UI elements. I think maybe some option for take global MC styling from system theme might solve that issue.

Again big thanks to developer. MC is a treasure and more treasure because it's free.

P.S. Is there any donate?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 18:07:43 by serenitatis »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Global directory tree and more flat look and feel
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 13:23:16 »
I got most of the on my UI issue list (And added the one that was not).
But the problem is that some of the UI elements is not easily changed. They require a lot of work to override how they are drawn. Also "flat" does not fit well everywhere.

However it do require a lot of time/work to change them and it will give little value, And right now I'm trying to focus implemented new features that give the user more value.
But they day will probably come when I can spend some more time on fixing the UI.

serenitatis

• View Profile
Re: Global directory tree and more flat look and feel
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 17:10:36 »
thank you. Hope this changes comes in near future.