Author Topic: Uninstall most wanted and needed  (Read 9874 times)

Pedro Albuquerque

• View Profile
Uninstall most wanted and needed
« on: May 30, 2014, 21:53:18 »
Hi,
this is a feature that would be great to have, a full uninstaller including cleaning registry, appdata, program data, start menu shortcuts, etc.
Another simple (I think) feature, the ability to circle around the device drop down list with arrow keys, meaning when I reach Portable and press down arrow again returns to the top of the list.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Uninstall most wanted and needed
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 00:15:15 »
this is a feature that would be great to have, a full uninstaller including cleaning registry, appdata, program data, start menu shortcuts, etc.
Uninstall already asks if some parts should be keep or not. and if you check to clear all, everything is removed.

Another simple (I think) feature, the ability to circle around the device drop down list with arrow keys, meaning when I reach Portable and press down arrow again returns to the top of the list.
No not simple, The dropdown list is a standard UI component provided by Windows.
Just press "Home" or PageUp key to get to the top again.
And you can also press C for the C:\ drive and D for for D:\ drive and so on when the droplist is shown.

Pedro Albuquerque

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 10:47:02 »
Where is uninstall in MC? I can't find it anywhere! I must be blind.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 12:11:48 »
Run "Uninstall MultiCommander.exe" directly or go to program and features and select to Uninstall MultiCommander there
or from the Start Screen/menu

If you are running the portable version there is no uninstall exe since you can just delete it your self and it saves everything inside the MC folder. So everything is removed then.

Pedro Albuquerque

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 12:55:27 »
I'm sorry, I didn't made my self clear.
What I meant as a feature was for MultiCommander to uninstall other programs.
I wouldn't dream of uninstalling MultiCommander. It's just the best tool I have in my PC and my favorite for so many functions.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 13:10:04 »
Ahh

Well that is not really in the scope of MC I think. Also it is kind of impossible to know what files in other places are belonging to what program.
Windows to not keep track of that.

There are separate tools that do this. But they often have a background service running that recoding what is installed and so.
But that is so much more then a small file tool.. that is a whole own big program.

Pedro Albuquerque

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 13:37:54 »
OK, I didn't know it was that complex. Thank you. :-)