Author Topic: Try to organize my past work need help  (Read 7771 times)

eagle_view

• View Profile
Try to organize my past work need help
« on: June 29, 2014, 00:50:59 »
I am among other things a CAD/CAM programmer.  I need to consolidate the work that I have done this year into a single sub directory.  I was hoping that MUlti Command would allow me to sort through a drive full of directories and make a copy of all the program files that I have created.  They have a unique *.scprt file identifier.  When I set up the search I got a copy of all the directories that had the 1014 date on them but also all the older than 2014  files under the directories.  I can live without the directories but would like to have a copy of all the program files in one place.

Thanks in advance.

Lowell

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: Try to organize my past work need help
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:14:01 »
It's a genaral words. As a programmer you now should technically and distinctly define your task.

Given: A, B, C;
Expected result: X, Y, Z;

Then you'd probably need to split a task into subtasks. Not sure, but most likely you'll have to use MultiScript.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Try to organize my past work need help
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 11:10:58 »
I am among other things a CAD/CAM programmer.  I need to consolidate the work that I have done this year into a single sub directory.  I was hoping that MUlti Command would allow me to sort through a drive full of directories and make a copy of all the program files that I have created.  They have a unique *.scprt file identifier.  When I set up the search I got a copy of all the directories that had the 1014 date on them but also all the older than 2014  files under the directories.  I can live without the directories but would like to have a copy of all the program files in one place.

If you from search do not want files from subfolder you can defined how many levels down the search would go.
And from the copy dialog you can define filter to include and exclude files and folders.

But it is hard to suggest what you should do without better information on how your file system look and what you want to do.