Author Topic: enable context menu when using F1 and F2 for switching between drives  (Read 6859 times)

travis82

• View Profile
hi
I love this fast and useful file manager but I have a serious problem with it. I am a keyboard user, I want to scan derives with antivirus by keyboard, I want to eject my usb drive by keyboard but I cant. this problem has a simple solution: please enable context menu key when using F1 and F2 for switching between drives. attached file is a pic from another file manager (double commander) which has this feature.
sorry for my english

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Sorry that is NOT a simple solution.
MC are using the Windows build in UI component to show a dropdown list and it is not possible to do that easy. if it even is possible.

travis82

• View Profile
ok, I have another suggestion, some file managers (like free commander and xplorer2) let users to access drive list in panes. by this approach users can do anything they want by contest menu key in panes. these file managers lag behind MC in some aspects, but this feature is so useful for people who don't want use mouse for some basic operations. in these file managers Ctrl+Back Space lead users to parent directory of current drive in each panes, another Back Space lead users to my computer where they can see their drives. without this feature people must use mouse and right click on drive icons on toolbar or go to windows explorer for some simple operation like formatting drives, checking usb drives for virus, ejecting usb, etc. attached pic shows this feature in free commander
sorry for my english   

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
MC do not use Windows Shell (like many other filemanager) and it's virtual filesystem. Because of that this is not so easy.
MC has its own virtual filesystem system and currently MC can not show drives inside its virtual filesystem. They are to high up, and there are some other technical issues.
But there is plan to allow that so it are something that will be added in the future.