Author Topic: Run program from button windows  (Read 6893 times)

bluedraft_72

• View Profile
Run program from button windows
« on: August 21, 2014, 03:25:30 »
When launching some portable apps from the button windows these creates the database or config files one level up instead of in the app folder, when I run the same apps from explorer or MultiCommander pane the files related to the app (databases, ini files, etc) are created in the same location of the app. This happen to me with hddb and lookdisk. Probably I'm missing something at time to configure the button that will launch the app, but I don't know what, I'm using MultiCommander 4.5.1768 on Win7 32bits.
Can anyone help me please? thanks in advance!

bluedraft_72

• View Profile
Re: Run program from button windows
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 05:19:53 »
Using custom command with this line MC.Run CMD="...\Portables\Hddb\hddb-2.5.1.x86.exe" STARTIN="...\Portables\Hddb\" works fine. Before this I tried using the wizard mode and dropping the exe on a button but configurations files were created withing multicommander folder, I also tried setting up in the button "command type=>external" and adding the path to the exe, but in this case the configuration files were created 1 level up of the app folder.

When an exe is dropped in a button would be nice to see MC asking "is this a portable app?" so if the user answer "yes" the app will start automatically in the exe path.
It would be nice too that by default the button app takes the exe icon (right now the user needs to browse the icon manually)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Run program from button windows
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 08:43:14 »
Not sure what you mean..

But when using ..\ path in the beginning it depends on what the working folder of MC is. and you can never assume that MCs working folder is the MC start folder. Plugins and ShellExtensions or other situations can change the working folder of MC.
So use the "${mcinstallpath}" tag to reference to the install folder.

Code: [Select]
MC.Run CMD="${mcinstallpath}\..\Portables\Hddb\hddb-2.5.1.x86.exe" STARTIN="${mcinstallpath}\..\Portables\Hddb\"(And two dots instead of three )