Author Topic: MDV find field MC 4.5.1768  (Read 12295 times)

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
MDV find field MC 4.5.1768
« on: September 10, 2014, 11:49:18 »
I noticed that multi-data viewer no longer refreshes the 'find' field after a search from the F3 search function.  It used to pass the search string used when looking for text in files.
This was a very useful feature please bring it back!   :)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: MDV find field MC 4.5.1768
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 12:38:21 »
No. It works.. 

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 22:37:00 »
After I posted, it came back & then went away again...& IIRC it has been doing it on/off for a while now.
So there is some intermittent problem, at least for me.  ::)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 07:07:45 »
Strange. I'm not able to make it not work..

If you find a pattern on how to recreate it let be know..

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 12:05:18 »
Played around & discovered it is occurring when using F1 on a result or using the MDV icon in the found dialog.
The latter works; F1 doesn't pass the string correctly.  I have been using both methods to open MDV on results - hence 'intermittent'...  :)

OT
When I have multiple instances of MDV active they do not 'stack' icons on the taskbar, & so I cannot close all with a single right click op, & they eat up a lot of space.  Any way that could be changed to an icon 'stack' behaviour?  (MC itself also behaves like this but I normally have only 1 MC instance running so it's easier to handle. )
Re: - Pic - 3 instances of imgburn vs 3 x MDV

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 07:17:49 »
Ahh that is because you select the "global" command to view the file.. not the "search extensions" view command. (F3)
If you had run commander styled setup they would have been the same and search extension would have overtaken the global one..

I will check if I can make the search extension use the same shortcut as the global. Have some faith memory of it that it is not possible. or some issue with it but don't recall..

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 23:25:05 »
I recall you mentioning that the find dialog functioned differently from the regular operations.
Now I know why it has happened, I can adjust the way I use the functions, so if it cannot be altered it's not too big a problem  :D
Didn't realize the Commander interface had some over-riding under the hood functions that are so different.