Author Topic: Go back not highlighting the directory  (Read 8130 times)

lecra

• View Profile
Go back not highlighting the directory
« on: October 06, 2014, 11:23:29 »
Hi all,

I was searching if there is a setting value where I can say, that MC is marking again the directory that i double clicked before.

I double click on a directory, and then I click on the "Go back" arrow. The clicked directory is not highlighted but another one.

Can I change this behavior? I want MC to highlight the directory i was clicking before and not any one.

Many thanks in advance  for your answer.

Lecra

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Go back not highlighting the directory
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 07:54:31 »

I'm not able to make that happen.

MC should selected the folder that you came back from.

If I select c:\temp , Then enters that folder,  And then go back using "BACK" go (backspace, go to parent) or presses ".."
Then C:\temp is now selected and is the focused item.

It might be that some settings is colliding with something and turning it off. But I'm not able to reproduce it.

The folder that is selected when going it back. It is a random folder , or the ".." item . Or a folder you been in before ?

It might work better if you go back by "go to parent/up" by clicking ".." or press backspace or "up" button
Selecting BACK just jumps back in history and the history item might have another folder remembered as "focused" depending on what you done.

lecra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 13:20:36 »
Hi Mathias,

Thank you for your answer. You are right, the first time that you go back it highlight the directory you are coming back from. Then select another directory, double click it and come back again. The older directory will be highlighted and not the actual one.

Cheers, Lecra

lecra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 13:24:59 »
Hi all,

I was searching if there is a setting value where I can say, that MC is marking again the directory that i double clicked before.

I double click on a directory, and then I click on the "Go back" arrow. The clicked directory is not highlighted but another one.

Can I change this behavior? I want MC to highlight the directory i was clicking before and not any one.

Many thanks in advance  for your answer.

Huch, Mathias. I realized, that this happens only if I go back clicking the BACK button of my mouse! Clicking on the BACK icon it is working. Could I convince you for an enhancement request?  ;D

Lecra

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 14:58:31 »
That is strange because Back button and Extra Mouse button 1 (back) is connected to the same action.
I'm not getting any difference form back button on mouse or icon.. strange. Will check it more later if some other settings can create a conflict..