Author Topic: full-colored cursor shape ("inverted cursor" in TC) instead of transpar contour  (Read 13436 times)

leopoldus

• View Profile
Hi!

Is there any option to make the cursor in the active pane more clearly visible, as for instance in Total Commander ("inverted cursor" option)? It is quite hard every time to search the cursor in the pane with my eyes after my long time experience with Total Commander.

I've tried to find in MC some similar option, but had no success.

Thanks!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Not sure what you mean with inverted cursor. But you can customize all the colors under the color tab in Explorer Panel settings.

I suspect you run with commander styled setup since that are also what TC uses.
Then you need to change the background color for "Focus" item for files/folders. But before you can change the background color you need to enable
so that file/folder can have separate background colors.

Check the two checkboxes named "Use file specified background colors" and "use folder specified background colors"
Then customize the colors for "Focus" (do it both for files and folder) and uncheck the "use default background color" and click on the "Background Color" radio button. so that it switches over to background.. and then select wanted background color

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 15:11:00 by Mathias (Author) »

leopoldus

• View Profile
Then you need to change the background color for "Focus" item for files/folders.
Check the two checkboxes named "Use file specified background colors" and "use folder specified background colors"
Then customize the colors for "Focus" (do it both for files and folder)
Thank you, I've made these changes.

But than I could not find, how to fulfill the next steps:
and uncheck the "use default background color" and click on the "Background Color" radio button. so that it switches over to background..
and then select wanted background color
It seems, that there is neither the option "use default background color" nor "Background Color" radio button at the [Color] tab of Explorer Pane. :-\

Anyway it seems at this stage, that MC has a similar "Inverter cursor" option, as in Total Commander. Could you please consider adding this functionality? Trust me, it is very, very, very convenient. Please see the attached screenshot from Total Commander settings and file panels.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
and uncheck the "use default background color" and click on the "Background Color" radio button. so that it switches over to background..
and then select wanted background color
It seems, that there is neither the option "use default background color" nor "Background Color" radio button at the [Color] tab of Explorer Pane. :-\
That radio buttons is in the pick color dialog that pops up..

Anyway it seems at this stage, that MC has a similar "Inverter cursor" option, as in Total Commander. Could you please consider adding this functionality? Trust me, it is very, very, very convenient. Please see the attached screenshot from Total Commander settings and file panels.
it does not fit into my program architecture. I would collide with the customizations options.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 18:57:25 by Mathias (Author) »

leopoldus

• View Profile
That radio buttons is in the pick color dialog that pops up.
I'm very sorry, but I can not see neither an option "use default background color" nor a radio button "Background Color" in this Colors tab of Explorer Pane dialog :-[
I suppose, that I might work with the wrong dialog. Could you please describe a bit more exactly, which way should I reach this dialog, which you mean?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
That radio buttons is in the pick color dialog that pops up.
I'm very sorry, but I can not see neither an option "use default background color" nor a radio button "Background Color" in this Colors tab of Explorer Pane dialog :-[
I suppose, that I might work with the wrong dialog. Could you please describe a bit more exactly, which way should I reach this dialog, which you mean?
No. Not inside the tab.. I said in the "pick color" dialog that popsup :)

1. Check "Use File specified background colors"
2. Check "Use Folder specified background colors"
3. Click on Focus item under Files.
4. Color Pick Dialog shown. Uncheck "use default background" and select "background color"
5. Pick a color.. then press OK..
6. Click on Focus item under Folder
7. Color Pick Dialog shown. Uncheck "use default background" and select "background color"
8. Pick a color.. then press OK..
9. Press Save or Apply in the settings dialog..
10. Colors changed.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 23:05:52 by Mathias (Author) »

leopoldus

• View Profile
No. Not inside the tab.. I said in the "pick color" dialog that popsup :)
6. Click on Focus item under Folder
7. Color Pick Dialog shown. Uncheck "use default background" and select "background color"
8. Pick a color.. then press OK..
9. Press Save or Apply in the settings dialog..
10. Colors changed.
Ow, sorry. Now I see.

Actually it is practically the same thing I asked for from the beginning.
I have just assigned for files and folders dark background and light-color text itself (what is named "inverted cursor" in Total Commander), so the focus (cursor) is clearly visible at the first glance. It is really convenient (see my screenshot below) and I'm very happy! :D

Thank you for your patience - and surely many thanks for your great application!