Author Topic: Button Editor and Menu Configuration scripts/batches/commands  (Read 7946 times)

merlin1961

• View Profile
Hi all.
Just getting all messed up trying to do some simple batch files.

I am using button Editor or menu configuration, i cannot make a command on multi commander to take me to a certain directory to open my files. I would like to just click on a button on the file manager and then i am there in the directory no matter where or how deep it is.

I would appreciate it if anyone can lend a hand.

Thank you so much.

Darrell/Merlin1961/newbe lol

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Button Editor and Menu Configuration scripts/batches/commands
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 07:58:08 »
Where is a quick way for that,

Click on the "Wizard mode (on/Off)" Last Row, Last Button to the right on the button panel (Also exists in configuration menu)
Background for the Button panel now change. Now you can drop a file or folder to a button.
When you do that the Button panel wizard is shown. It will generate the command needed and set it to that button.
You got two option in the Dialog.  "Open file" or "Go to file"  Select "Go to file/path". Then Click OK..

(Then click the "Wizard mode on/off" button again to turn off that the wizard popup when dropping on buttons)

merlin1961

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 02:37:22 »
thank you, but when I do that, the button gets created in Multi Commander and when I select that button, it takes me out in Windows Explorer to do the DIR of that directory and I wanted it to be Multi Commander.

Thanks again.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 06:36:30 »
Did you select "Go to File/Path" in the Wizard dialog ?  If you do that then it will go to that file in MC. If you select "Open" then it will try to execute/run that path and if it is a folder it will be opened by Explorer.

merlin1961

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 22:23:05 »
Thank you so much.

Much appreciate the assistance.

Merlin1961