Author Topic: Multi Commander v5.1 RC  (Read 17167 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Multi Commander v5.1 RC
« on: March 07, 2015, 13:14:59 »
Release Candidate version of Multi Commander v5.1 has the following fixes/changes since v5.0

108+ Changes

--- Build 1917  ( 25-Mar-2015 )
ADDED - MultiScript function LoadArray/SaveArray can now be called with GetLines/SaveLines
ADDED - MultiScript function "AutoCreateVar(0|1)" to turn the AutoCreateVar feature in script engine on/off
ADDED - MultiScript Scritp engine can now declare variables without "@var" in many situation.
ADDED - CustomCommand MC.ShellPaste that will call Windows Shell Paste without the internal handling.
ADDED - Tweak option in ExplorerPanel to set Extra line padding size.
ADDED - ExplorerPanel panel now have an extra 1px padding for the lines
ADDED - NumPad 0-9 will now work when activate the quick search window.
ADDED - Tweak option to Enable/Disable refresh file coloring on forced refresh
ADDED - Installer now accept parameter /CONFIG= that contains a settings backup that will be installed.
CHANGE- Removed changed that used Internal Picture viewer as default when doing launch/Run action on a file.
 --- Build 1913 ( 20-Mar-2015 )
ADDED - Color Rule name used for a file item can be shown as a column.
ADDED - When doing a forced refresh. Color Rules will also be forced refreshed.
FIXED - Can now open some zip archive that have mismatched header data.
FIXED - Crash issue that could happen sometimes when testing archives.
CHANGE- FileType Default setup will open Windows associated editor for images files when doing edit on an image.
CHANGE- FileType Default setup change to use Internal Picture viewer when "open/run" a images file.
--- Build 1909  ( 14-Mar-2015 )
UPDATE - Updated language pack was missing in previous build
--- Build 1908  ( 14-Mar-2015 )
ADDED - MultiScript function NetWGet(<file>, <url>,<opt>) that will download from web and save to disk.
FIXED - MultiScript function DeleteFile now accept options as comma separated list
FIXED - MultiScript function DeleteFile failed sometimes when deleting zip files.
FIXED - MultiScript function DeleteFile now respect the option "NOPROGRESS"
FIXED - Minor tweaks to some combinations in mouse configuration
FIXED - Use font style from ColorRule when drawing file item with Focus/Selected color
ADDED - Can now force a solid color for the focus row indicator.
FIXED - Draw issue with focus row indication in detail mode with gridlines active.
ADDED - Can now configure the color of the gridlines
WEB   - Lots of updates in the Online Documentation
FIXED - 2 crash issues reported by Crash report system.
-- Build 1900 ( 8-Mar-2015 )
FIXED - Loading session history in portable mode can cause a never-ending loop,consuming lots of memory and then crash.
-- Build 1899 ( 7-Mar-2015 )
REMOVE- Removed MultiLanguage text id C64, C76, D401 for MCUtils in all language files. (Meaning of text was changed)
ADDED - Favorites Windows now has option to not autoclose.
ADDED - Mouse wheel action now always forwarded to window under mouse cursor, even if window is not in focus.
ADDED - SFV tool can now read .sfv/.md5 files in unicode.
ADDED - Can now move select name/ext part with Ctrl+Home/Ctrl+End while doing inplace rename
ADDED - Added & in front of many menu names in the English language file. Making the character after the & an auto shortcut
ADDED - FolderTree now has settings for a filter of what devices should be listed in the tree view.
CHANGE- Changed how arrow key behaved in Inplace rename.
CHANGE- Revalidate file coloring if file modified notification is received.
FIXED - Tweaked how some of the mouse buttons in Explorer Panel worked when configured to none default setup
FIXED - Fixed race condition with file color update after file attributes changed.
FIXED - Issue with date fields in Text Tool SortLines
FIXED - Issue with overwrite with Text Tool SortLines
FIXED - Problem with the response data when using the WM_COPYDATA API and Ascii
FIXED - Fixed issue with the Tray Icon poping up even if disabled
FIXED - FSRar had issue if rar file that was created on linux and contained a path starting with /
FIXED - Get IMDB Movie information for video files now works again.
WEB   - Lots of changes in the Online Documentation (And still more to fix ..)
WEB   - Online documentation can now be downloaded as a PDF
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 18:06:45 by Mathias (Author) »

dsy

• View Profile
Re: Multi Commander v5.1 BETA
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 14:40:11 »
ADDED - Added & in front of many menu names in the English language file. Making the character after the & an auto shortcut
Very useful

skrzat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 20:47:24 »
After update to this beta, when I try to start MC, it takes over 1,5GB of RAM in few seconds and no window of MC shows. I have to kill the app. I must downgrade :)
Win 7 32bit

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 21:05:00 »
After update to this beta, when I try to start MC, it takes over 1,5GB of RAM in few seconds and no window of MC shows. I have to kill the app. I must downgrade :)
Win 7 32bit
Try the following:
1. In your previous working version perform "Backup configuration"
2. Perform clean install (or unpack portable) of the latest version
3. Upgrade to the latest beta
4. Perform "Restore configuration"

This helped me.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 21:14:19 »
Win 7 32bit
Strange..  Try to create a dump file from task manager on multicommander.exe when it starts and upload that to http://multicommander.com/upload

( http://multicommander.com/docs/troubleshooting-hang )
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 21:18:58 by Mathias (Author) »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 10:05:43 »
Win 7 32bit
Anyone else get this behavior ??
if you do.., Please create a dump file before you fix it. So I can get a hint from the dump file on why this is happening.
( http://multicommander.com/docs/troubleshooting-hang )

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 14:28:44 »
Win 7 32bit

This issue is fixed in build 1900
To get 1899 to start  delete the "SessionConfig\History" folder

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 16:05:13 »
From bulid 1908 there is a new script function to download a file from an HTTP/HTTPS.

example script that download sysinternals tools and unpack them

@var $url = 'http://download.sysinternals.com/files/SysinternalsSuite.zip';
@var $file = 'R:\SysInternals.zip'
@var $res = NetWGet($file, $url, "OVERWRITE");
if($res > 0)
{
 UnpackFile($file, 'R:\SysInternals\', "*.*", "OVERWRITEALL");
 DeleteFile($file, "NODIALOG, SILENT, NOPROGRESS");
}
else
{
  LogAppInfo("Failed to download. Error " + $res);
}
(Make sure you change the path where to save and unpack to a location that exists on your system)

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 14:22:37 »
Since updating to 5.1 b1913 (W7x64) today, I find all my jpgs now open with the native MC viewer, (I have been using irfanview normally as it has a bit more functionality) but despite resetting the default app for the jpg ext I cannot directly open them with irfanview any more.  Always uses the MC viewer unless I right click/open with.
I haven't rebooted the PC yet but I thought I better mention it...   ;)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 15:53:40 »
Since updating to 5.1 b1913 (W7x64) today, I find all my jpgs now open with the native MC viewer, (I have been using irfanview normally as it has a bit more functionality) but despite resetting the default app for the jpg ext I cannot directly open them with irfanview any more.  Always uses the MC viewer unless I right click/open with.
I haven't rebooted the PC yet but I thought I better mention it...   ;)

Change Log
CHANGE- FileType Default setup change to use Internal Picture viewer when "open/run" a images file.
(If you have done any changes to the FileType setup before, you will not get this behavior. You only get it if you are running the unmodified defaults)
A lot of uses have complain that the viewer is not used when they double click on files.  "MC suppose to have a built in viewer.. why does it not show my image when I click on it"
Answer is Because because clicking it will call for the open/Run action and not the view action. But for most uses there is no difference.
So because of that I added that the default file type setup include an entry to use internal viewer for picture files for Run/Open action.

Menu > Configuration > File Type Setup > Launchers (Run/Open) tab
Remove the "MC Picture Viewer" row in that tab and what ever windows has associated will not be used again..

I'm not sure I will keep this behavior as default. Maybe depends on what sides complains more.
Problem is that it hides the associated 3de party program (like you noticed). But if you do not have that installed you will now get the internal viewer.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 15:57:26 by Mathias (Author) »

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 11:00:54 »
When I read that CHANGE I was thinking that it was the Windows ext settings, not the internal MC settings, that had been altered.  ::)
I didn't think of the MC FileType setup as I have rarely used that in the past, (but I really should have as it is a useful extra layer). Swapping notepad for notepad++ & adding some file types was the main thing I changed.

I can see the problem of MCViewer or not as default, I also wondered where the native image display was sometimes but as normally I use MC with irfanview it hadn't been an issue. 
The MC viewer is definitely better as default for a portable install for me at least.

Shows there are many features I have not explored fully in MC!
But Thanks Mathias - now I know how to change it as req'd  ;D